3 Replies Latest reply: Jun 28, 2016 1:02 AM by pluto77 RSS

A few very easy, delicious Carnivore-Friendly main courses

psudad Alumni Steward Gold 3 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Just made both of these in the last week and thought I would share.  Always love recipes that are extremely easy and fast, yet have a level of sophistication.

http://doriegreenspan.com/2011/11/as-most-of-you-probably.html

We love Bistrot Paul Bert in Paris.  I particularly love their Steak Au Poivre.  Here is their recipe - incredibly easy and you don't have to worry about reservations - or a $1,600 airline ticket.  Made it last Saturday.

http://www.themarybuffet.com/2012/02/pork-chop-with-cognac-sage-cream-sauce.html

I started an herb garden and was looking for something to do with some fresh sage.  My wife had some boneless pork chops scheduled for dinner, so I did a quick search.  This recipe is so easy and was fabulous.  Make the apple slaw first.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: A few very easy, delicious Carnivore-Friendly main courses
    pluto77 Alumni Steward Gold 25 Reviews
    Currently Being Moderated

psudad,

These look fantastic!  And yes, actually look friendly, in terms of ease.  I can't wait to try them, especially the Steak au Poivre.  The French do their sauces so well: light, refined, delicate flavors with as you say, a certain level of sophistication.

This last trip, I had a sea bass dish with a beurre blanc sauce, that was flavored with a little something extra, just a hint and very subtle, alas I couldn't guess the secret ingredient.  I know this will sound crazy, but it almost tasted like - curry, but not - quite?  Whatever it was, it was truly divine.

For the au poivre, do you know if it matters which cognac? 

Thanks!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...