6 Replies Latest reply: Jun 21, 2016 3:32 PM by 7 RSS

Another whirlwind European trip next week

7 Platinum 1 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Heading to London tomorrow for the weekend and to experience the Stonehenge Summer Solstice sunrise. Then next week I will come oh so close to finishing the Global Promo as I stay one night each at:

Renaissance Brussels

The Hague Marriott

Hotel Nassau Breda (brand new to Marriott Autograph Collection so I may be the first to post about it)

Renaissance Duesseldorf (no lounge )

Was also considering a night at St. Pancras to kick it off as I am taking the Eurostar from their to Brussels, but it's almost $400/night so I think I'll have to pass.

And, was also considering ending with a night at the CY or REN in Bochum as I'm flying out of DTM, but the reviews aren't that great, again no lounge, not that close to the airport, and my flight is pretty early so I may just stay at whatever is cheap right beside the airport. Haven't made up my mi

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Belgium
Germany
The Netherlands
  • Re: Another whirlwind European trip next week
    pluto77 Alumni Steward Gold 25 Reviews

My only visit to Stonehenge involved lots of rain, lots of wind and a shredded Marriott umbrella.  Hope the weather cooperates for you.  Maybe by Sat or Sun, you'll be able to see that glorious sunrise.  Here's hoping anyway.  What a great idea!

stonehenge.gif

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

7 Platinum 1 Reviews

It's supposed to be Monday morning. Yesterday when I checked it was 12% chance of rain. I just checked now and it's 48%.

Oh well, I have a rain jacket and might take a poncho too.

7 Platinum 1 Reviews

Thanks to brightlybob's suggestion we went to Brighton yesterday. It seemed like a very cool city and we had a good time.

Today is kind of a depressing Father's Day as I watched my wife and daughter go through security to fly halfway around the world knowing that I won't see them for about a month.

I thought I'd try to avoid getting all sad and weepy in my room by going to the lounge. As I was sitting there "Rocket Man" started playing which I've always thought was pretty sad in the first place, let alone on Father's Day when I just put my kid on a plane. So much for not getting weepy.

brightlybob Platinum 10 Reviews

Tthanks for the shout, 7, hope you enjoyed Brightton, though Father's Day wasn't very bright here! Where have you been staying so far?

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...