9 Replies Latest reply: Jun 15, 2016 12:06 PM by john_thai RSS

Rate change after booking

marriott_neo Gold
Currently Being Moderated

I booked a Fairfield Inn 3-4 weeks before the stay. The email which I got mentioned the cost as $264+$342+$175 for the three nights. The marriot website now shows my reservation with an updated cost of $273+$264+$342 for the same three nights which is an increase of $98. I have attached the screenshot below and have the email for confirmation.

I can get the rate fixed as I have the email as evidence. But, my concern is that how can Marriott change your hotel rate for the same room type and dates without notifying. Do I have to check the cost for all the stays I made in the past to check for any such other discrepancies ?  This is not right and makes me worried. Searching and booking for a hotel in NY is a hassle. On top of that, things like this forces you to think if you have to recheck the cost before checking in, after checking out and also make sure that the right amount was charged on your credit card.

problem.png

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Rate change after booking
    allleisure Platinum

I believe the original rate prevails.  A call or email to the General Manager alerting them to the "obvious computer malfunction" with a request for a correction should fix it. Or, a call to Marriott Customer Care asking them for their assistance.  I certainly would not wait until the day of arrival.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

jerryl Platinum 2 Reviews

That has never happened to me and I hope it doesn't. I often check periodically for the latest rate which in many instances goes down. So I cancel one and rebook at the lower rate.

nationwide Platinum

I have never had the experience either.  Good suggestions by allleisure for resolution.  Please do come back and let us know how it works out and what the explanation is for the change. 

tommo781 Gold 8 Reviews

This has bever happened to me either.  I think it must be a genuine "glitch" somewhere.  A phone call should sort it out.

ppezzano Platinum

Agree with allleisure that is sounds like a mistake and you shouldn't wait to correct it.

I have noticed though if you make a change online to dates or other factors and re-select the rate it will use the new rate.  If the dates didn't change, this shouldn't have happened.  The only good news is if the price of a hotel ever drops, you can pick the new rate and save money.

pilam76 Platinum

FWIW I either always keep  a printout of my original reservation and I keep the confirmation email so if any issues arise I have written proof.

peymanagement Platinum

I had a change occur last year for my reservation in LAS that I noticed when I got the "Things to do" email from Marriott. I always keep the original e mail confirmation. When I got to the hotel, the lower rate and higher bonus points were given.

702rugbyref Platinum

Yup... sad but this is not as uncommon as folks think. I have made similar posts in the past.

john_thai Platinum 8 Reviews

It doesn't look so much like a rate change as it is a computer glitch. It's common to have a different rate for days of the week and this looks like it just shifted by one day. As long as you have the original quote (which it seems you do) they should honor that. If not, contact Marriott.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...