9 Replies Latest reply: Jul 8, 2016 1:35 AM by nomadfamily RSS

Points for second paid room ?

Snail5930 Gold
Currently Being Moderated

On Saturday I was at the Marriott Skopje. I took two rooms - one with spring promotion certific, and the other paid. Should I get points for the paid room ?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Points for second paid room ?
    carat Community Manager Marriott Associate Silver

Hi Snail5930.  This is a great question!  You will receive the points for your paid room. When it comes to earning credit for multiple rooms, you can earn credit for up to three rooms.  Below, you'll find how it is laid out in the terms and conditions. 

"A Member is eligible to receive Points/Miles for a qualifying stay at participating Marriott brand hotels or Ritz-Carlton hotels for his/her room and up to two additional rooms. At least one of the rooms must be reserved and registered in the Member's name and the Member must pay for all rooms, which payment arrangement must be requested at time of hotel check-in. The Member must also stay in one of the rooms. To ensure Points are automatically posted to the correct Membership Account, the Member's Rewards Program Membership Number must be present on his/her room folio and up to two additional rooms, as applicable."

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Snail5930 Gold

OK so far I received only one night for elite status. Obviously I will have to write e-mail about the missing room/ points. Again ....

brightlybob Platinum 10 Reviews

You get points for up to 3 rooms but only 1 elite night credit no matter how many rooms you have

Snail5930 Gold

Interesting, because I am outside the US should take 2 elite night credit to paid room, not one elite night credit  as charged for the certificate room. Let's see ...

brightlybob Platinum 10 Reviews

Aha, I'm afraid the double elite night promo only applies to paid stays, not redemptions...

Snail5930 Gold

Mxm. I got points for paid room. And only one elite night credit.

nomadfamily Platinum

I earn my Platinum the hard way, as I travel with family, and we always get two rooms, so I get hundreds of thousands of points, but not so many nights of Elite credit (for one room only). At least I can buy back my Elite status with the points.

Snail5930 Gold

Yes, my case is the same.

nomadfamily Platinum

Sucks, doesn't it?

I signed up for the double nights bonus, but it only activated AFTER I had just completed 8 nights of 2 rooms

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...