3 Replies Latest reply: Jun 28, 2016 4:07 PM by AndrewT RSS

Rewards points and AVIOS

j.aniruddha1 Member
Currently Being Moderated

I have ordered to convert my rewards points to AVIOS.

Its been nearly 2 months and points still not have been converted to AVIOS.

I received an email stating my account name on Marriott rewards and AVIOS account name should match exactly.

While my Marriott rewards account was created executive at hotel in London put my last name as first name and problem started there.

How should I correct this?

Not getting any response from Marriott customer support after multiple chasers.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Rewards points and AVIOS
    AndrewT Community Manager Marriott Associate Member

Hi there,

Below are two separate sets of instructions from the Marriott site that should help resolve/clarify things. If you have already pursued a name change by these means and are still in need of assistance, please send me a direct message with your Rewards number and I can further assist you.

Thanks

If you wish to change your first or last name please contact Marriott Rewards:

801-468-4000

Please note: Once frequent flyer miles have been requested, miles will automatically be transferred to your frequent flyer account. Please allow approximately six weeks for miles to be posted to your frequent flyer account or contact your local Marriott Rewards office to inquire about express service (may include a fee).

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

j.aniruddha1 Member

Hi Andrew,

I have tried contacting the mentioned number and it seems to be automated line.

I understood that I need to send an email to get the name change done on account along with legal document attached.

In the first place, name was entered wrongly by Marriott Executive at hotel. I dont understand why this cant be done immediately ?

Does driving license issued in India holds good for getting name corrected in the account?

AndrewT Community Manager Marriott Associate Member

Apologies for the delay,

We cannot make these changes immediately on our end for security reasons. However, I have provided more detailed instructions below that should answer all of your questions. Again, I apologize for the delay and appreciate your patience. If you have any remaining questions, please do not hesitate to reach out.

To keep your account secure and verify your identity, fax or mail your Rewards account number and a copy of one of the following:

• Your marriage license
        • Your divorce decree
        • The court-ordered name change
        • Current federal- or state-issued identification (a driver's license is preferred)

Submit this information by fax or mail:
        Mailing address:
        Marriott Rewards
        310 Bear Cat Drive
        Salt Lake City, UT 84115

Fax:
        801-468-4033

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...