8 Replies Latest reply: Jun 15, 2016 5:43 PM by iahflyr RSS

Stated Rate on Reservations Page - Is it 100%?

benbuck6 Silver
Currently Being Moderated

My daughter is about to be a princess in the Miss Mississippi Pageant, basically a contestant picks a girl below 10 to ride in the parades, make appearances, and be in the show part of the pageant with her. It is a week long affair with rehearsals and the pageant itself. We made reservations in April for this week. When we made them we were stated and its still stated on my reservations through my Marriott online account...$99 for weeknight and $109 for weekend.

We started looking at the schedule and we thought we could save some money by just coming home the first day because its not a late day and the next day doesn't start til 1pm and we live about an hour and half away. So, I went online to modify the dates and when I looked at modifying the rates have gone up and increase each day leading up to the pageant topping out at $189/night the actual 3 nights of the pageant. I simply got out of it and kept what I had, it was cheaper just to keep the extra night than to modify.

Now, I'm worried they are going to try and stick me with the current stated rate and not whats showing in my account of the rate at booking. Is that a valid concern? Im going to call the hotel to make sure. Anyone have nightmares with anything like this or is this something that's common?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Vicksburg, Mississippi, USA Courtyard By Marriott Courtyard Vicksburg
West Dundee, Illinois, USA TownePlace Suites By Marriott TownePlace Suites Chicago Elgin/West Dundee
Gaithersburg, Maryland, USA TownePlace Suites By Marriott TownePlace Suites Gaithersburg
  • Re: Stated Rate on Reservations Page - Is it 100%?
    bejacob Platinum 38 Reviews

Whatever is showing in your reservation is the rate you will be charged. Rates do change, but once you've got it locked in, it stays the same.

It's always good to check rates as sometimes they go down. When that happens, it makes sense to change to the lower rate. When the reverse happens, it's a good feeling to know you got a good deal.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

benbuck6 Silver

Its over $400 in all. It is a very nice feeling.

pilam76 Platinum

Yea but constantly check back as the date of your reservation. I almost always get a lower rate as my check in date gets closer as hotels drop rates to fill rooms.

ne_traveling_man Platinum 8 Reviews

I do the same thing all the time.  I just re-booked 2 nights in Vermont at a savings of $34 per night plus associated taxes.  That's a nice dinner out!!!!

monisame Platinum

I always plans ahead so I am always checking. Its like a an extra job. Price trends to go down sometimes. .

carat Community Manager Marriott Associate Silver

Great insight bejacob & pilam76!  You both are spot on. Sounds like a really exciting opportunity for your daughter, benbuck6!!  You'll have to let us know how it goes. 

Platinum 4 Reviews

I had a few manager punks try to change my rate on long term stays after I've been there awhile. (TownePlace Suites, Gaithersburg, MD and TownePlace Suites, West Dundee/Elgin, IL) so it DOES happen. However, I reminded them that I had a reservation and expect them to honor it and they did.  The Gaithersburg TPS Manager punk even said I had the lowest rate in the hotel and it wasn't fair to the other guests. What a crock of ShiX!

Location Brand Hotel
    West Dundee, Illinois, USA TownePlace Suites By Marriott TownePlace Suites Chicago Elgin/West Dundee
    Gaithersburg, Maryland, USA TownePlace Suites By Marriott TownePlace Suites Gaithersburg
    iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

It is almost like airline tickets, there are few seats at a lower fare when those are gone the fare goes up and up and up just like what you have discovered at your pageant hotel.  Always recheck rates on any type of reservations you have as long as they are fully refundable rates, airlines, hotels and car rentals.

I've booked a few nights for early next year at a Marriott that is almost across the street from a widely attended PGA Golf event.  I got the rate as soon as we were able to access the dates and now the rate is almost triple what I've got it reserved for. 

Keep on keepin' on Insiders!!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...