9 Replies Latest reply: Jun 16, 2016 9:45 PM by razorbackfan RSS

Sunset, Sunrise in Key West

razorbackfan Alumni Steward Platinum 23 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

sunset from room.jpg

Sunset as viewed from our balcony at the Key West Marriott Beachside Hotel.

sunrise from room.jpg

Sunrise as viewed from our balcony at the Key West Marriott Beachside Hotel.

sunrise leaning out window.jpg

I leaned over the balcony railing as far as I could to get a shot of the sun coming up.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Key West, Florida, USA Marriott Hotels & Resorts Key West Marriott Beachside Hotel
  • Re: Sunset, Sunrise in Key West
    iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

Gorgeous picture, keep them comin!!!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

carat Community Manager Marriott Associate Silver

Definitely agreed, great pictures razorbackfan!

We joined many other visitors to Key West at Mallory Square for sunset.  My husband had scouted out "the perfect spot" to take his sunset pictures earlier.  When we arrived that evening, we were disappointed to find that the view of the sun setting would not be over the horizon, but behind a nearby island.  Sunset cruises were crisscrossing the water as the sun was setting.  A show featuring trained cats was occurring behind us.  This is a picture I took with my phone.

Mallory Square.jpg

On the way back to catch the hotel shuttle on Duval Street, my husband decided he wanted to taste Key Lime Pie at its' birthplace.

birthplace.jpg

It sure was a tiny piece for $4.95!  Especially since we had purchased 1/2 of a Key Lime Pie for about $4.50 at Publix that I thought was much better.  Actually, I preferred the Key Lime Pie on a Stick.

KLP on a stick.jpg

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

Not a fan of sweets, but that Key Lime on the stick is something to be had!!!

When it was recommended to us, I visualized it as similar to a cake pop.  I was surprised to find out it was frozen and covered in chocolate. 

superchief1 Platinum

Great pictures.It brings back fond memories of my trip there. Did you get an upgrade to a 1BR with full kitchen? The restaurant had a great happy hour when I was there with tasty appetizers and 1/2 price wines (even premium glasses). Enjoy your trip.

Yes, we did get upgraded to the 1-BR suite.  It was really nice.  A most welcome surprise was the washer and dryer.  It was really convenient to do a load of laundry while relaxing on the deck.  We enjoyed breakfast (complimentary for gold and platinum) in the restaurant; however, we never even checked it out for happy hour.  That will be a good reason to return.

mikiegfla Platinum 4 Reviews

Does the property charge for parking?

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...