1 Reply Latest reply: Jun 16, 2016 4:23 PM by carat RSS

Does booking 10+ rooms ever accrue extra points/benefits?

cerealtrader Silver
Currently Being Moderated

Several times a year my sons soccer team travels out of state to play in tournaments, and I am usually the one who coordinates travel for them.

Sometimes we receive a "tournament rate" for our rooms; however I'm wondering if anyone who travels with teams or larger groups ever receives any additional rewards compensation for booking such trips- I do not.  I am able to  attach my Rewards number to my room plus two additional rooms.

Next month we head out of state again- I have booked nineteen rooms for three nights (and we are receiving a tournament rate for the rooms). I'm just wondering if Marriott ever rewards such group bookings with a little something extra for the coordinator on the trip?

Edit:  I have been reading more about booking group events/event planning under "Rewarding Events".  The Marriott site seems to imply that the coordinator should always be receiving credit whether or not they pay for all the rooms- I have never received any sort of credit other than regular points for room stays (and have booked perhaps 15 Marriott tournament stays over the years..

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Does booking 10+ rooms ever accrue extra points/benefits?
    carat Community Manager Marriott Associate Silver
    Currently Being Moderated

Wanted to provide some info for you.  You can receive credit for your room and two others or you can receive Reward Event Credit for booking a group of 10 rooms or more.  More details below:

Marriott Rewards members can earn credit for holding meetings or events at participating Marriott brand properties. Participating Marriott brand properties include Marriott Hotels and Resorts, JW Marriott Hotels and Resorts, Renaissance Hotels and Resorts, Marriott Vacation Club International Hotels, Marriott Conference Centers, Courtyards by Marriott, Fairfield Inns by Marriott, SpringHill Suites by Marriott, EDITION Hotels, Autograph Collection Hotels, The Ritz-Carlton Hotels, AC Hotels and Gaylord Resorts. 

Non-participating Marriott brand properties include Residence Inns by Marriott, TownPlace Suites by Marriott, Marriott Grand Residence Club, ExecuStay and Marriott Executive Apartments.

To be eligible for credit, members must provide their Marriott Rewards account number when signing the event contract.  For each qualifying event, members have the option of earning either Marriott Rewards points or frequent flyer miles. 

If you choose to earn points through the hotel's Sales department for an event or meeting, you earn three points per U.S. dollar.  If you choose to earn miles through the hotel’s Sales department for an event or meeting, you earn one mile per U.S. dollar for eligible charges.  A maximum of 50,000 points or 15,000 frequent flyer miles and 10 Elite nights can be earned from an event or meeting.  A minimum of 10 rooms must be occupied and included in the event contract in order for guest room rate charges to earn credit as part of the event.

For rooms not paid as part of the group, members can earn 10 points per U.S. dollar on up to three rooms, as long as all rooms are billed to the member directly and the member occupies one of the rooms.  Elite nights for individually billed rooms are only earned for the one room the member personally occupies per night.

You can view complete qualifications for rewarding event credit at the following internet link:

http://www.marriott.com/meetings/rewards/travel.mi

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...