3 Replies Latest reply: Feb 21, 2010 9:48 PM by pharmatomedrep RSS

Points When Company Pays

sambgore Platinum 1 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

As a business traveler who has been Platinum Elite with Marriott for several years, I am very frustrated.  I tell the Travel Department in my company where to book me and they have it direct billed.  Now, when I check into full-service Marriotts/Renaissance Hotels, they tell me I can't get the points...only at Residence Inn, Courtyard and Fairfield Inns.  I know this has been happening for awhile, but other hotel chains are asking me to switch and guarantee I WILL GET THE POINTS, even if my employer's travel department books the room.  Can we get enough of us together on this to have Marriott switch its policy or I will be switching loyalty after many faithful years.

• Re: Points When Company Pays
    ctbrendan Platinum 1 Reviews

I had the same issue. I just make sure that when the reservation is complete I go online and change it around to read my name and the direct bill still goes to the Company but I get the points.

If not call they always take care of it.

Good luck

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

tjcnewyork Platinum

Once the reservation is booked, get the Confirmation Number and go to Change/Cancel Reservation at Marriott.com

On the Change/Cancel Reservation screen, enter the Confirmation Number and your Last Name.  Follow through to attach your Marriott Rewards ID# to the reservation. 

Yes, it is a pain.  But, doing it yourself makes certain that no one else is messing with your Marriott Rewards ID# or your account.

Consider Updating your profile to receive e-confirmations and e-folios.  Personally, I find having a e-trail a best practice.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

pharmatomedrep Platinum

I have found that either I cannot make any changes to the reservation because it was made by corporate, or even with my rewards number on the confirmation number I still don't get the points.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...