10 Replies Latest reply: Oct 8, 2016 8:12 PM by sanddune RSS

ShopMyWay issues

baseballrich2 Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

I use the ShopMyWay shopping site often and it has been a great way to earn points.  All of the sudden they are 3+ months out (and counting) on crediting points for purchases.  No one responds when I send a message.  Are any of you having similar issues?  Any insight?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: ShopMyWay issues
    vertol46 Platinum

I purchased flowers through ShopMyWay about 4 or 5 months ago. No points in my MR account. Haven't pursued the matter.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

hassmh Gold

My one and only purchase so far, a gift basket purchased in December, the points didn't post until March, over 3 months later. From discussions on other threads, this appears to be normal timeframe. I almost always get better value with MileagePlus shopping portal, so I don't expect to use ShopMyWay much unless there's a store available there that's not on MileagePlus.

AndrewT Community Manager Marriott Associate Member

Hi baseballrich2 and vertol46,

I'd be happy to look into this for you if you could each send me a direct message with your Rewards number and a copy of the receipts for the purchases in question.

Thanks!

amowens Silver

I am having similar issues with ShopMyWay.  My points are not postings and when I inquired about the missing points, they gave me the excuse, I did not have my cookies turned on.  I know for a fact that is not true, because I use my airlines shopping portal with no problem and they have the same cookie requirement. (No, my settings have not been changed).

On another disappointing note, ShopMyWay has eliminated two of my favorite stores and reduced the rewards points from 6 to 3 on another of my favorites.

Finally, on one occassion, I had to hunt my 1,216 points down.  I made a purchase on 7/31/15 and did not get credited until 11/6/15.

Marriott and ShopMyWay- shame on you, you can do better.

markko Gold

"ShopMyWay" is a joke.  I won't be using them anymore.  I made one purchase about a year ago, and it took almost 3 months to finally receive my points, and that was after I pestered them several times.  I thought I'd give them another try this past May.  My purchase was 78 days ago and still no points (still shows as 'pending'), and their "contact us" form doesn't even work.  I tried to use the "It's been over 60 days..." form and it errors out when trying to submit it. Even the generic Contact Us form gives me a "permission denied" error.  So now I can't even tell them about the problem. 

Marriott, you need to find a better vendor to work with on this!  I've made many purchases through the Hilton HHonors Shop-to-Earn Mall, and have always received my points in 30 days or less with no issues whatsoever.

Sorry to hear; that sounds frustrating. I've send you a direct message to assist with this matter.

Thanks

baseballrich2 Platinum

Following up on the original post...

AndrewT...thanks for your help some of the points were credited.  Things have gotten worse since my original question/problem.  Some points showed up as paid and hit my Marriott Reward account but now the ShopMyWay site has rolled back everything to show the status of points to February 2016.  The points are still in my Marriott Rewards account but I am worried.  Someone at Marriott needs to get these people straightened out and quickly.

solkua Platinum 1 Reviews

Couldn't agree more with the feedback here! Their website and response times are awful. Emailing them is a black hole. About half the transactions that I have made require follow-up because they don't show up and you're lucky to get it fixed. If they do reply, it is as if you made the error.

Now the website has an error that won't even let you search the order made (that is of course missing). You enter in all the info and get the screen saying Error. The issue was with a Groupon purchase. The only purchase I have success with through their site without follow-up is LLBean, but even there it completely random when points are added to the account.

Hi baseballrich2 and solkua,

Thank you both for reaching out. We've relayed your comments to the appropriate team for review. In the meantime, if either of you are waiting on points to be added to your Marriott Rewards accounts from specific ShopMyWay orders placed more than 60 days ago, please send me a direct message with your Rewards number and copies of the receipts and we'll see what we can do.

Thanks again

sanddune Platinum

I concur with the other postings in this thread... at first the Shop My Way seemed like an nice way to add Marriott points... turns out to be a waste of time not worth the hours and aggravation needed to get point credits. I have officially given up and wrote Marriott about the poor image this third party vendor is projecting towards Marriott from a service point of view. I used it nine times and was credited with a few hundred points on only one purchase...have about 11000 points "pending" which I do not expect to ever see...using the customer service links to try and get points credited appears to be a waste of time. Marriott should get rid of this one quick...it is not up to Marriott standards we all expect and enjoy.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...