3 Replies Latest reply: Mar 2, 2011 5:36 AM by hkginsider RSS

the new Marriott at the Hong Kong airport is a great bargain

hahaha48 Platinum 2 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

I have stay in most of the Marriotts in Hong Kong and recently I have stay at the Skyline right at the airport two times. I have to say it is a surprise find for me.

The price for this Marriott is very low compare with other Marriotts and other hotels in Hong Kong, and it is a new hotel with great services. I first stay there for the convenience of flying out the next day. You do not need to take a long ride to the airport in the morning and fight the traffic. Then I found out there is a MTR station very close to the hotel. There is a free shuttle every hour but a taxi ride is about HK$50 US$6 if you do not want to wait. Using MTR you can get to most places in Hong Kong.

I am going to stay there March 6th 2010 for one night. My long flight arrived at 6:30pm and I think it is a great idea to just stay at the airport to get some rest.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Atlanta, Georgia, USA
  • Re: the new Marriott at the Hong Kong airport is a great bargain
    princess111 Silver 2 Reviews

Hong Kong sounds like fun. What time of year is best weather? Are you a business or vacation traveler? What kind of shopping is best in Hong Kong? Thanks for your info.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

hkginsider Platinum 2 Reviews

See if they'll give you an "Airport Express" rail pass...same day round trip.  There's a bridge from the hotel to the Asia World Expo...where you can pick up the train.  From there, you can be in Central in less than 30 minutes.  Just another option to get off the airport island...

Great staff there...and the "burger promotion" at the "Lounge" (the bar/rest in the lobby) is a good deal!  You can't order it as room service, but you can order it as "take away".  If you're already a platinum member, you can take it upstairs to the Exec Lounge, where you can have your beverage(s) for free (beer/wine/mixed drinks from 6-8pm).

Enjoy your stay!

hkginsider Platinum 2 Reviews

The best time of year is MAR-MAY or SEP-NOV (JUN-AUG can be VERY Hot).  Shopping is good, but you have to be careful.  Electronics are no great deal...and no warranty.  Custom made clothing is the best deal going...after that, just depends on what you're looking for.  JADE MARKET: good gift shopping, and Jade if you know about Jade.  NIGHT MARKET: More gift shopping, and some "knock-offs"...mostly just Hong Kong trinkets.  STANLEY MARKET: Good day trip, a little pricey, but nice sight seeing.  Take the bus from Central...take a seat in the front on the upper deck (for a little thrill seeking).  LADIES MARKET (Mon Kok):  Clothes and trinkets...better pricing than STANLEY.  All in all, HKG is very safe, but you have to be able to put up with large crowds.  Night life is good, lot's of live bands at various pubs.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...