3 Replies Latest reply: Jun 8, 2016 3:28 PM by moisha RSS

80k bonus

moisha Silver
Currently Being Moderated

I just received my new Marriott Chase card. My billing period ends in a few days, but I am worried that my 80k bonus won't post for a while; meanwhile, I need them for a stay at the end of the month.

Any advice?

Thanks.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: 80k bonus
    annew20 Gold

I believe you need to spend a certain dollar amount within 3 months to qualify for the 80k bonus points.  You may want to immediately charge gas, groceries, etc. to rush the spend amount to qualify, however, I don't believe it will post in time by the end of the month.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

ppezzano Platinum

I just went through this.  I got my 80K bonus at the end of the billing cycle where I completed my 3K in spending,.  I got the 3K elite night almost immediately, and the 80K posted about 3 days after the end of the billing cycle.  If you spent 3K, then I think you'll see it in a few days when it ends.  If you didn't spent 3K yet, yes, you likely will miss it since it would be the next billing cycle.

If you spent 3K and it's been a few days past billing cycle, I'd definitely call Cust Services or hit up one of the reps on here for assistance.  When I had a problem with my 15 elite night credits they got in resolved in literally 24 hours.

One thing I've noticed as well about Marriott is that you can book your room prior to having the points.  Not sure if you've done that, but if you need to lock something in you can.

moisha Silver

Thanks! Just the info. i was looking for. I may still be 8-10k points short, need upgrades. Hope they will waive it.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...