4 Replies Latest reply: Jun 13, 2016 10:18 AM by carat RSS

Chat for Marriott Rewards

rob1 Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Anyone know how to use Marriott Rewards chat for help on account?  Was able to use it a few weeks ago, but now can't find a link or activate chat. Internet help person at marriott.com had no idea. Thanks.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Chat for Marriott Rewards
    lindseyh Community Manager Marriott Associate Member

Hey rob1! I'm happy to help look into this for you. In the meantime, allow me to introduce myself and welcome you to Marriott Rewards Insiders! I'm one of the Community Managers for the site and am always happy to help with any questions you have. Feel free to send me or any of the other Community Managers (carat, deannad, AndrewT) a private message or tag us in a post whenever you need help.

Glad to have you on board!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

rob1 Platinum

Hello Lindsey,

I would really appreciate if you would tackle this for me.  I'm at wits end trying to determine how to get it fixed. Can-t get the chat feature to come up when I sign into the marriott rewards site and no answer to email and followup emails. And, points have not been credited back to may account.

Here is the exchange on chat and the emails I have sent using the form.  It now approaching five weeks waiting for the email that was promised in the chat below.

Thanks for your help.

Here is the transcript of the chat with a marriottrewards.com person on 5/12/16:

Sarah (5/12/2016, 3:02:44 PM): You have been connected to Sarah. How may I help you?

Me (5/12/2016, 3:03:00 PM): Sent online form on marriottrewards.com on 5/5/16:

and again 5/10/16

Hi,

I just complete a stay at the East Side NYC Marriott April 26-May 3.

It appears from my Marriott Rewards Account that I was charged the full 270,000 points for the stay.  I was using a seven night category 1-5 coupon/voucher that was split from a a seven nights and air fare package I purchased with points earlier.  I was to upgrade the hotel part of the coupon/voucher to pay the difference for the category 8 hotel.  Instead it appears I was charged the full points amount for the stay and given no credit for the underlying voucher/coupon.

I would appreciate a correction.

Thank you.

Robert Dalton

Sarah (5/12/2016, 3:04:28 PM): One moment while I review your account.

Me (5/12/2016, 3:09:08 PM): still here

Sarah (5/12/2016, 3:09:28 PM): Thank you for your patience. I am just reviewing your account.

Me (5/12/2016, 3:11:41 PM): Thanks. Actually was replying to onscreen prompt that I was about to be dropped for lack of activity.

Sarah (5/12/2016, 3:18:29 PM): I do show that a seven night certificate, part of a package award, was linked to a stay at the Renaissance New York Times Square Hotel. The other 7 nights issued on your account were linked to a stay at the New York Marriott East Side.

Me (5/12/2016, 3:19:49 PM): That is correct, but I changed that Times Square reservation and switched to the East Side reservation.

Sarah (5/12/2016, 3:20:45 PM): Thank you for confirming that information. I will need to send your certificate information to our accounting office to see if we can add the points back to your account. This may take a few days to receive a response. Once I receive a response I will contact you via email.

Me (5/12/2016, 3:23:22 PM): Thanks for your help.  While we're reviewing, I found another problem.  On 8/14/15 I was allowed to extend the expiration date for the above note category 1-5 voucher for one year. I was told it was being done as a one-time (not to be repeated) courtesy and without charge.  But my account was charged 45,000 points.  Can you look into this, as well?

Sarah (5/12/2016, 3:25:23 PM): What happens is we cancel the expired/expiring certificate. This added 45,000 points to your account.

Sarah (5/12/2016, 3:25:36 PM): These 45,000 points were then used to issue a new award with a new expiration date.

Me (5/12/2016, 3:27:00 PM): Not sure I understand since I don't see two transactions.  Shouldn't there we two 45,000 transactions -- one in and one out?

Sarah (5/12/2016, 3:32:32 PM): Online you should see one posting of 0 points and cancelled listed as the transaction. This is how the online system lists cancelled certificate. You should then see the second transaction listing 45,000 points for the new award issued.

Me (5/12/2016, 3:32:48 PM): Oh, I think I do understand.  You (Marriott Rewards) gave me 45,000 extra points and then used that 45,000 to issue the new certificate.  So it the 45,000 had no effect on my account, either way.

Sarah (5/12/2016, 3:33:00 PM): That is correct.

Me (5/12/2016, 3:33:09 PM): Thanks for your help. Will await your email.

Sarah (5/12/2016, 3:33:27 PM): I will contact you once I have received a response.

Thanks for your help.

Robert Dalton 6/1/16 (via email form).

carat Community Manager Marriott Associate Silver

Hi rob1.  I'd definitely like to help out and have sent a private message to start the conversation. Let me know if you have any questions.

Snail5930 Gold

This is information from the site of Marriott : "Yes. Marriott.com does offer chat. Marriott.com’s chat feature is initiated by our customer care team and is available 8 a.m. to 11 p.m. ET."

Indeed, upon entering the site of the Marriott Rewards Customer Service sometimes have a chat, sometimes not.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...