6 Replies Latest reply: Jun 23, 2016 8:49 AM by dansplan RSS

Claiming missing points

frankinelli Member
Currently Being Moderated

I've been trying to claim missing stays through the website, with scanned copies of the bills but I haven't received any reply, nor have the points been updated. Anyone else with this experience, and if so, how can I solve this?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Claiming missing points
    Snail5930 Gold

I had the same problem last month. The mail from marriott came after 10 days delay. In the email from customer support was written - 'Due to an unusually high amount of internet correspondence requests there has been a delay in our efforts to assist our members. I apologize for any inconvenience this has caused. '

My points were accrued after I wrote  directly to the hotel.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

monisame Platinum

Same happens to me at the begining of the year. I call Marriott Rewards customer service and they take care of it. Finally I got the points. So try to reach them by phone.  Or ask a moderator   they helps a lot.

deannad Community Manager Marriott Associate Member

Hi frankinelli,

Sorry to hear you're having trouble getting stays/points to post to your account.

The fastest way to get this resolved is to call Customer Service at 1-801-468-4000, but if you'd like, I could also look into this for you. I am one of the moderators on the Insiders forum, along with carat, AndrewT and lindseyh, and we're here to offer assistance when needed. Feel free to reach out via private message with your Rewards number and Reservation/confirmation numbers, or hotel names and dates of the missing stays and we can have our team look into this for you.

Thanks for the post, and Welcome to Insiders

peymanagement Platinum

One of the moderators on here will help you.

This seems to be a common theme on here that the "missing stay" process has lost its credibility. The work around is to call the hotel, customer service or use a mod, but I don't understand why this process is not fixed. After a while, the CS agents and the mods will not have time to do their job because they are chasing points.

s.a. Silver

Hi,

I have the same issues as well... I've contacted Marriott support (Kuala Lumpur) and they asked me to submit the invoice to them. Hopefully will get the points and nights credited soon.

Regards,

Platinum

What always works for me (and I have to do it NEARLY EVERY TRIP, is to just call or email someone at the hotel directly a few days after your stay (trust me, if it's not credited in a few days, it won't be credited ever!).

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...