43 Replies Latest reply: Oct 11, 2016 5:38 PM by brightlybob RSS

Delta Brand Badge

bejacob Platinum 38 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

There's been a lot more discussion on the Delta brand lately, particularly the property in Orlando. I'm still not seeing this, though.

Delta badge.png

I'm sure a few folks have already made the requisite 2 paid stays at Delta since the brand became part of the Marriott family.

Now would be a good time to get this done. Once the Starwood merger is complete, the entire badging system will either need to expanded or it will become obsolete. Sure there are bigger tech issues that need to be addressed. This one should be easy to resolve. At this point it's time to bring the badging system up to date or scrap it entirely. I probably have as many of not more of this "digital bling" than most, so you know if I'm suggesting scrapping it, something's up.

brand badges.PNG

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Delta Brand Badge
    peymanagement Platinum

I hope to complete my second stay later this week at a Delta. I agree that the time has come for a badge.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

pluto77 Alumni Steward Gold 25 Reviews

That's quite a lot of "interwebthingy" "bling" you have there, bejacob.  Should we expect to see your premier "rap" release any day now on iTunes?

I'm having a huge medallion made to hang on my official "Mr. Guaran-T" gold chain.

What Do You Want, Fool? Mr. T Becomes Mr. Guaran-T at Fairfield Inn & Suites® - YouTube

Oooh, we're gonna be in Texas in September. Maybe I can get me one of them fancy huuuuuuge belt buckles made from the JW badge.

That was hilarious!  My colleague just commented to me that I am enjoying myself waaay too much!' 

Happy Monday!

OMG, I just finished watching these.  Absolutely brilliant!!!

nationwide Platinum

bejacob - Your Texas friends will be happy to set you up with a great Houston-based Western shop for this customized belt.   We have you covered B!

carat Community Manager Marriott Associate Silver

Wanted to share some good news with you all.  Once you've completed two stays at Delta Properties you will now receive the 25 Rewards Points and the Delta Badge.  However, the badge will not show up until you've completed the required stays. 

WOOHOO!

I know it's not much, but small things like this prove that Marriott does listen to our requests. Though we may not get everything we ask for, it's nice to see positive outcomes. Thanks carat. Somehow I knew if anyone could make this happen, it would be you.

Now I just need to figure where and when to make a second stay at a Delta property.

peymanagement Platinum

thank you.....

ozmodiar Gold

Great timing, I'll be hitting three Deltas this summer, so had been following this thread...not sure why I care but it will be nice to get... 

razorbackfan Alumni Steward Platinum 23 Reviews

We recently stayed at 2 Delta hotels during our trip to Canada, so I should be getting my badge soon .  We stayed at the Delta Calgary Airport Hotel upon our arrival in Calgary and the night before our departure.  It is very convenient since it is a short walk from the terminal to the hotel! We checked in at 3:30 A.M. (after a 5-hour weather delay in Minneapolis) and our check-in was as expected for that time of the morning.  Everything in the room is brown and I found that color scheme rather gloomy.  The bathroom lighting was great; however, the bathroom was tiny. The beds were comfortable and the linens were luxurious.  It was a short walk from the rental car return to the hotel.  The hotel does not have a lounge, but gold/platinum members have a choice of breakfast for 2 or 750 pts.  Two complimentary bottles of water were in the room.  The hotel is in a perfect location for a late arrival or early departure.

We also stayed at the Delta Hotel Banff Royal Canadian Lodge.  It is considered a resort; therefore, no platinum benefits are available. We were checked in by the general manager of the property and check-in was as expected. We were "upgraded" to a garden-view room.  Our back-door opened onto this patio. Unfortunately, the trees appeared to be dead and there are no flowers in the beds so it was rather gloomy in the middle of the summer. We also had to keep our curtains closed because anyone sitting on this patio or looking out their window would be able to see in our room.

20160715_171309.jpg

The room was large and very clean.The washroom, as they call it in Canada, is divided into 2 rooms.  The tub/shower, toilet, and a sink is located in one room and another vanity with a sink is located in an adjacent room.  Internet quality was poor; however, we did not report it, so I don't know if it could have been improved or not.  We did not eat at the hotel, so I cannot comment on that.  Parking ($15 CAD) is underground.  Accommodations in Banff are expensive and I did not find this hotel rate to be a good value ($314 CAD/senior rate) particularly since we received no platinum benefits.  There is a wide range of accommodations in Banff, but they fill up quickly so you need to make your reservations as early as possible. 

YogiB Platinum

Hi Carat,

Will this give confusion for people who have their uber brand explorer badge (250 points) coming up?
      (Not my case, but curious any way.)

It will be silly for the people to see all their brand badges, but because the Delta badge is hidden, not getting the uber brand badge. Or can people still be eligible for it without the Delta (making it technically an uber-brand-minus-1 badge).

That being said... I should have my 5-brand explorer badge since my last stay (July 3 check out), but it's not there. Is that being processed at the end of each calendar month? Recently did my first FI and RI, along the M, CY and SH.

This is a great question, YogiB.  Before I answer this, I'd like to reach out for complete clarity.  I'll circle back with my findings.

YogiB Platinum

Roughly at two weeks now... Any news, carat?

YogiB Platinum

I'm guessing that the Delta is completely ignored in the x-brand badges.

My first Delta stay is posted, but no 5-brand badge?

Hey brightlybob. Looks like a little whinging does, in fact, pay off. Any chance you might grab this badge on your U.S. and Canada travels later this year? You mentioned it on another thread, but I seem to recall some of your plans may have changed since then. I don't know ... 25 MR points might be enough of an incentive to change things again.

brightlybob Platinum 10 Reviews

Haha, well worth the whinging indeed! However I managed to secure a LNF at the Montreal Marriott so swapped out the Delta. As a result my only Delta coming up this year is Quebec, so my Delta badge will be some time coming, but it will come as I visit the in-laws in Canada most years...

Looks like there is now a Delta hotel open in Wisconsin. I did a little digging and found that it used to be a Marriott, and before that a Sheraton. I have a trip to the state planned for late August, so maybe, just maybe, I might make that my 2nd Delta stay. I almost feel obligated after making such a big deal out of the brand badge.

Well, I've done it. I'll be staying at the Delta property in Racine, WI at the end of August and so will collect the new Delta badge.

It's a bit out of my way to visit on my next county collecting trip (which will focus on the western part of the state), but I still have extended family in Milwaukee, so I'm hoping to drop in to see them. Barring that, I'll visit a couple cemeteries to visit the resting places of my father, grandparents, great-grandparents, and great-great-grandparents. It's been a few years since I was last in the area, so a return visit may be in order.

YogiB Platinum

As a Montreal local, I would've suggested to remain at the Delta. The Marriott Champlain is old and really in need of a total make-over.

There is also a new Courtyard downtown that is magnificent!

That being said... I don't know the rooms. I've visited many other spaces though, since I'm an AV technician. We even often have to roll our equipment through kitchens and they're not always as clean as I would hope for if I were a hotel guest.

I got a week at the Delta Winnipeg coming up for August (plus a night at the Montreal Airport In-Terminal Marriott the night before catching an early flight) and another at Delta Québec City first week of September (will be my second time there). Hopefully Gold Elite by then.

I was very happy with the Champlain, the rooms were typically Marriott styled and location great for my work. Whilst dated it has been well cared for and the old darkened wood design theme was a welcome difference from the more modernistic Quebec Delta, classy Chateau Frontenac and straightforward Bronte Holiday Inn...

YogiB Platinum

Glad to read at least the rooms are in order at the Chateau Champlain. View from the top floors must be amazing too.

I liked the Québec City Delta. Outside look may not be the most creative one, but I love the connection panels in the rooms. I like how Fairmont upkeeps their historic properties and they are really great, but the crowd is such a turn off in most of them. I've stayed at the Macdonald in Edmonton and couldn't wait to get to the Courtyard next door after my contract was over.

However, the bar in the Fairmont Reine Elizabeth in Montreal makes the best mojitos in the city. Too bad they're closing up for months of renovations.

peymanagement Platinum

After a long but successful search for one I finally qualified for my second Town night and am now the proud owner of the Town badge. It was actually a pleasant pre-flight stay, That gives me 8, but has anyone got the elusive delta badge yet?

Ask me again in a couple weeks. I made one Delta stay earlier this month and have a my second one coming up next week.

peymanagement Platinum

I have one on Aug 30, so we can compare experiences

Well, I made my second Delta stay this week (the Delta Racine Architect Hotel & Conference Center). The stay has posted, but no Delta brand badge. Looks like I'm going to need help from carat to get this sorted out.

YogiB Platinum

Same experience here.

Last week I came back from the Delta Winnipeg where they treated my 3 reservations as 3 separate stays (can't complain: it made my Global 2016 Summer promo go really fast!) But the Delta doesnt work for the badges system: no Delta badge and no 5-brand road warrior badge...

The latter will come any way this week, since I added a 6th brand to my list and checked out this morning, but it means the all the brand-count badges still ignore Delta.

All my stays from my recent trip are now in.

Still no Delta badge despite having made the required two stays.

nationwide Platinum

bejacob - I was hoping you'd come back and say this was easy...  My recent Delta stays in Canada, while fantastic, did require some follow-up chasing to get the points earned.   That is so frustrating....

I hope the Starwood integration is postponed until they are really ready, as the Delta acquisition still shows all the signs of two systems, two cultures, etc.  I remain hopeful

Oh, the points posted perfectly within a couple days. No problem there. It's this darn badge that we were told would be available that's giving me trouble.

Admittedly, this is an almost insignificant annoyance. It's just that when we are told something is now working and it is not that I feel the need to follow up. Quite honestly, I made such a big fuss about it initially that when I found out this badge had been added (allegedly) I felt obligated to make a second Delta stay despite the fact that I had to drive a couple hours out of my way to do so. Sometimes my own "cleverness" (feel free to choose a better word ) gets the best of me.

Really, driving for hours, and paying for a hotel for a bit of digital bling... Wow, bejacob, could you be addicted?

I raised such a ruckus about it. Were it not for that, I probably wouldn't have bothered.

I did take advantage of being back in that part of Wisconsin by driving on some highways I had not traversed before. I'll have to explain my Travel Mapping hobby, which dovetails nicely with collecting counties. Perhaps would be a good topic to discuss in Houston after a few drinks. On second thought, maybe not.

Message was edited by: bejacob

Still no luck chasing down this elusive Delta brand badge. Made the required two stays, yet no badge. I've enlisted aid from the team and still nothing. I'm about ready to give up.

Well, it's been several weeks since my second Delta stay and still no Delta badge, despite the assurances that after two stays at this brand, the digital badge would appear. I'm throwing in the towel.

While the itself is not a big deal, I am disappointed.

II'll help you drown your sorrows tomorrow, my friend

YogiB Platinum

Same here.

I've had stays in two different Delta Hotels (4 stays the way they interpret a "stay") and no badge.

So, @carat, do you have any news? Your news from June 22nd made big promises, but it doesn't hold up?

Hi Insiders. I’m afraid I have a bit of not so great news to share.  After looking into this further, we have found out that currently, there are no plans to add the Delta Brand badge to the collection.  I have posted the wrong information above and for that I am truly sorry.  Please accept my sincerest apology. 

Given everything else going on, this is the least of our concerns. Thanks for digging deeper and passing along the news.

Since there won't be a digital badge, I've decided to go out and get the Delta logo tattooed on one arm and the Marriott logo on the other. It may not be quite as good as the brand badge, but after a night of drowning my sorrows at the nearest Tiki bar, it's the best I could come up with.

AndrewT Community Manager Marriott Associate Member

Platinum 4 Reviews

Platinum 4 Reviews

mustanggt Platinum

This might be a good time to scrap the badges and put the IT resource to work integrating the Marriott and SPG rewards programs, etc.

I Find it difficult to get in a lather about the lack of a badge that carries only 25 points. The same applies for missing social media points where Marriott has, what we call in my game, "form as long as yer arm". I will almost certainly end up qualifying but not getting the former and have already been burned in the latter.

I do get in a lather about non-resort invented fees such as the "amenity fee" or "location fee" and IT snafus and last minute changes to MEGABONUS registration rules... which make me.... MAAADD...

But I do sympathise bejacob, you journeyed many miles to pick up that non-badge and those non-points. The apres-TIPPLE glow is fading...

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...