6 Replies Latest reply: Jun 10, 2016 9:52 PM by bigred RSS

Staying At Inter Continental Hotels Through Marriott Points

bigred Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Each year my wife and I use our abundant Marriott points to take a one week at least "holiday" some where we both want to go. To me it is a "payback" for me being a "Road Warrior"-once was just US only but now the entire world-and not being "home." She manages a 600 bed hospital so how much did she really miss me?

Any way, this year we stayed at the InterContinental in Barcelona Spain.  After 40+ years of being loyal to just three companies, United and Marriott(only way to do it out here is to become an "expert" on what just these companies offer as well as Hertz for cars) we travelled for "free" all the way home and back.

So all of you out there reading this, are we the only ones who know about the Marriott points being accepted at InterContinental Hotels? Intercontinental is really a luxury chain.....believe me Ritz Carlton would love to emulate their operation.....Love to hear from anyone on the question of using points for such a luxurious stay including the fifth night FREE!......All the Best BigRed

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Intercontinental Hotels Anywhere In the World
  • Re: Staying At Inter Continental Hotels Through Marriott Points
    beaug Platinum

BigRed,

I am interested to know how you managed to spend your MR points at an IHG property!

Please share your experience.

BeauG

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

joshuapath Platinum

Another really curious person here!

Please share how this can be possible!!!

muppetwrangler Platinum 8 Reviews

News to me!  How is this even possible?

• This reply has been hidden. This can happen if the message has been hidden by a moderator, or has been reported as abusive.
      highmaintenance13 Gold 3 Reviews

@bigred, I have a few follow up questions:

1. When did you travel? 2. How are the points transferred? 3.  Were you able to obtain an upgrade using points?

thank you

beaug Platinum

Hi BigRed

Thanks for the response.

To summarise; you are saying that you asked Marriott to pay for rooms at an IHG property, in return for you surrenduring some of your hard-earned MR points?

Interesting concept. Certainly not something I have heard of before.

BeauG

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...