3 Replies Latest reply: Jun 13, 2016 11:16 AM by carat RSS

United Airlines Transfer Bonus Mile

jbritt51 Platinum 1 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

I was able to take advantage of the United Airlines/Marriott 25% bonus points promotion earlier this year by transferring Marriott points to United Airlines miles.  Is this something new this year, or is it something that happens frequently?  I have been looking to see if I will be able to do it again sometime.  I used 270,000 Marriott points for the 7 night Cat 1-5 and 132,000  United miles.  With the 25,000 United bonus miles, I was able to gain 157,000 miles.  It would be great to do that again. 

Also, do any of the other airline partners do this with type of transfer bonus with Marriott?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: United Airlines Transfer Bonus Mile
    gk17 Platinum 1 Reviews

Due to the partnership between Marriott and United, there is a 10% bonus for the air+hotel packages as shown here

As far as I can see, there are no other airlines that have this type of transfer "bonus". You can still get hotel + airline miles from other airlines listed there without the 10% bonus.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

jbritt51 Platinum 1 Reviews

Thank you.  I am aware of this bonus.  But, on ocassion, they offer an even greater bonus on transfers.  Most recently, they offered an additional 25% (over and above the 10%).  I was just curious if this was a "one time offer" or if they do it frequently. 

Thanks

carat Community Manager Marriott Associate Silver

Hi jbritt51,  we've taken a look for you and as of right now, there is no word on whether or not there will be another promotion like this.  However, continue to keep your eyes peeled as promotions come and go.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...