12 Replies Latest reply: Jun 11, 2016 8:15 PM by bejacob RSS

Jacuzzis in Courtyards?

boomer Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

While there has been a lot of commentary about liking or disliking CY, in many of the areas I stay my choices seem to by FFI, RI or CY therefore I usually choose CY especially if it has been recently remodeled to the grey toned furniture.  Often when I am on the road I bring a bathing suit as I often enjoy going to the pool area jacuzzi to do some reading to wind down after a long day unless a get a room with one.  I was recently at the CY in Columbia, MD and went to the pool area onlyt to find that the jacuzzi was gone.  According to the front desk she said that CY is in the process of removing this from all of the properties.  Does anyone know if this is true?  If I had my choice between a pool or a jacuzzi, I would choose to keep the jacuzzi.hir

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Jacuzzis in Courtyards?
    jerryl Platinum 2 Reviews

Some courtyards i go to are taking out there pools for extra meeting space

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

Oh that won't be well received by some especially those with children who want time in the pools.

hassmh Gold

Yes, I hope that doesn't happen around here. There are a few CY within short driving distance and sometimes will have very cheap weekend rates, but would only consider a "staycation" night/weekend if there's a pool for kids. Otherwise what's the point?

peymanagement Platinum

I use courtyards for short weekend trips with grandchildren, The pool is the main attraction for them. I think however that many courtyards are positioned for business travel, and if that is their niche maybe they would make the fatal mistake of further reducing service. In a while it will be a motel 6.

jerryl Platinum 2 Reviews

Some courtyards i go to are taking out there pools for extra meeting space

702rugbyref Platinum

I am going to agree with Jerry. I think 3 out of my last 4 have been working on their pools etc (during the time of the year they should be open) but yet, the jacuzzi/pools are not available.

bejacob Platinum 38 Reviews

I'll add my voice to those not in favor of this change. I spend a lot of time driving and really enjoy sitting in the whirlpool even if it only for 10 minutes sometime between dinner and bedtime. I've been at any number of properties without a whirlpool (CY, FFI, SHS, TPS, and others, though mostly lower-end brands). I think almost all still have pools, though some are outdoors and therefore seasonal in many parts of the country.

The lack of a pool or whirlpool would not be a deal breaker for me, but if I knew some brands were eliminating whirlpools entirely, I might move those brands a little bit down my preferred list as it's a feature I use quite often.

muppetwrangler Platinum 8 Reviews

Some of the newer Marriott properties only seem to have a pool, so maybe the new trend is pool only.  Most of my travel is road trips with the family, so hotels without pools is not an option.

lindseyh Community Manager Marriott Associate Member

Hey all! I received word that the jacuzzis are being removed to make more space for business-related travel. I know some of us, myself included, really enjoy using the jacuzzis, but turns out most business travelers don't use them.

muppetwrangler Platinum 8 Reviews

If they remove the jacuzzis maybe they'll return the free lobby coffee?

Platinum

Howabout a coffee jacuzzi - easy on the latte!?

bejacob Platinum 38 Reviews

Hmm. First the Bistro, now this. Looks like my CY stays will become even more rare. Used to stay maybe 1 out of every 3 or 4 stays. This year it's more like 1 in 8. I foresee a continued downward trend.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...