18 Replies Latest reply: Aug 5, 2016 4:30 PM by monisame RSS

New Elite feature

mikiegfla Platinum 4 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Can somebody confirm my understanding of a new Gold/Platinum feature that I received by email today that starting May 16, we can get a guaranteed 4:00pm late checkout? I just want to make sure I didn't miss something about a "when available" disclaimer.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Calgary, Alberta, Canada Marriott Hotels & Resorts
  • Re: New Elite feature
    peymanagement Platinum

Yes you missed  something, the wording is "up to" 4pm.  The benefit is you can ask for the late checkout at check in, or earlier, not just on day of checkout. I got one on Friday for 2 pm which was fine.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

brightlybob Platinum 10 Reviews

I think you'll find it's now guaranteed to 4pm, available for the asking on checkin

ramoneur Platinum

nice

monisame Platinum

Not always. Sometimes you get it sometimes no. !!! I know it is something new but I had a some bad experiencies last month. For most properties is upon abiavility. For me is guaranteed.

pluto77 Alumni Steward Gold 25 Reviews

On the trip that I took just last week, at every hotel at check-in, every associate offered me late check-out and even mentioned 4pm as part of the elite schpeal.  I declined all offers with thanks, schedule not permitting/requiring it.  This was Europe however, an entirely different hospitality world than the U.S., even though still Marriott.

eddiec Gold

I Recently stayed at a CY and they refused to guarantee the late checkout. after arguing with them, they relented and  offered a much needed 1Pm.

2nd time in two weeks I had to argue with a hotel over the "guarantee 4 pm". The first time I had to call Marriott rewards CS and ask for their help.

mikiegfla Platinum 4 Reviews

A different hospitality experience indeed. I stayed at the Berlin Marriott Potsdamer Platz and Budapest Marriott two weeks ago and it was like a different company. The lounges are elegant and serve up offerings we can only dream of here in the US. Oh well.

zunilily46 Platinum

We too were there a few weeks ago and it was amazing. The EL was awesome. And the food was really good. A great experience. Couldn't agree with you more.

zunilily46 Platinum

We too were there a few weeks ago and it was amazing. The EL was awesome. And the food was really good. A great experience. Couldn't agree with you more.

702rugbyref Platinum

Rare  I would need a late checkout but I will in SHanghai the end of this month as I am staying at the JW Tower and Ritz ..can't wait!

vaboywnder Alumni Steward Platinum 21 Reviews

Last weekend we were able to get a 4pm Checkout at the Marriott Marquis in DC.  It came in really handy as we were attending an event at the Convention Center next door that ran till about 3pm.

Snail5930 Gold

Over the weekend I was in Skopje Marriott. The reception said that I could check out at 4 PM.  But my plans changed and I left before 12

jbritt51 Platinum 1 Reviews

Remember to request the late checkout the day before.  If you use mobile check-in, you can select late checkout.  The app will advise you to speak with the front desk agent upon check-in to verify.

mustanggt Platinum

I just finished a stay at the Envoy Hotel (Autograph Collection) in Boston.  I requested a 3 pm late checkout when I did mobile check-in, and reconfirmed when I checked in.  I got it with no problem.  I also received an early check-in of noon time (via mobile check-in request) for the same room as well.  If it keeps working like this, I'm a fan!

marriott_neo Gold

The 4 PM is a guranteed checkout as per Marriott website. https://www.marriott.com/marriott-rewards/member-benefits/get-more-rewards/guaranteed-late-checkout-faq.mi

Guaranteed late checkout is an enhanced Elite benefit for Gold & Platinum members, offering late checkout guaranteed as late as 4 PM that can be requested through voice reservations, Marriott app via the mobile check-in process, at the front desk during check-in, or on the day of departure. This benefit is guaranteed at all participating Marriott Rewards hotels, except at resort and convention hotels, where it is based upon availability. Marriott Vacation Club® is excluded.

bpelican Platinum 57 Reviews

This benefit is working very well especially since that in the properties I have been visiting you can depend on the late check-out from your check-in.

brightlybob Platinum 10 Reviews

I pretty seldom need a late checkout but where I've requested it 4pm has been instantly offered...

nationwide Platinum

Delta Downtown Calgary was quick to offer a 4 PM checkout when I checked in today.

Location Brand Hotel
    Calgary, Alberta, Canada Marriott Hotels & Resorts

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...