15 Replies Latest reply: Jun 7, 2016 4:47 PM by mikiegfla RSS

Response time for e-mail

taxman193 Platinum 11 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this. I recently sent an e-mail to Marriott through their web site to ask that they correct a problem with missing points from a recent stay at a Marriott hotel in Buffalo NY. I sent this e-mail on May 6th. In the past, I usually received a response within a few days. I waited and waited and did not hear back so I finally found an e-mail for the manger of the hotel.

The manager of the hotel was terrific. He explained that they had a software issue where government rates were not receiving points. He made sure I received my points plus he gave me some bonus points and he followed up with me through e-mail later to say they corrected the software error. He was great.

My issue is that I did not hear back from the Marriott Customer Service rep until May 26th, almost three weeks after I sent the e-mail. Her response was that the points were now posted. I explained that the points were posted now because I took matters in my own hands and contacted the hotel manager directly and that it was a software issue and not just a 10 day wait period issue.

The fact that I waited three weeks to get a response from Marriott Customer Service is unacceptable  I guess I could have tried calling my Platinum phone number but it is just easier to send an e-mail where I can list all the facts, reservation numbers etc.. Three weeks for a response !!!! What is going on with Marriott Customer service? I complained to the lady that finally did respond and she apologized and said they were way behind in answering e-mails. I guess so since it took three weeks to respond! I hope this is not a reoccurring trend.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Response time for e-mail
    mustanggt Platinum

I had a similar issue in April.  After waiting 10 business days to see if missing points would post from a recent stay, I then filed a "missing stay" report with a copy of the room bill.  I waited 10 more business days and heard nothing.  The problem is that when you hear absolutely nothing you are not even sure if they received the missing stay email.  At a minimum there should be a system generated email that lets you know that your request is in the works.  Beyond that, it should not take this many days to resolve most routine missing point issues.  Either the systems that these service reps are using are antiquated and need to be updated, or there is a real staffing shortage.  My issue was finally resolved after I made two separate phone calls to the platinum premier service reps.  These folks are very pleasant to deal with, but they are even hampered in resolving the problem...They put you on hold for quite a while as they call rewards folks who in turn call the hotel, and so on and so on.  There must be a much more efficient way to handle this, like having the hotel property get it right in the first place. 

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

AZDesertRat Platinum

mustanggt and taxman193  - I have had similar problems with uncredited stays, points and bonus points and found that the email missing stay report seems to go into thin air.  I don't think there is a better approach than to call the MR phone representatives, who have been very helpful and effective in resolving the problems.  If that should fail, our moderators are always willing to step in.

bejacob Platinum 38 Reviews

I no longer even consider sending emails as they seem to go into a black hole. They are the least effective way to resolve this sort of issue.

Phone calls are my preferred method. The folks on the line are always helpful.

pilam76 Platinum

Off topic question, how do you tag someone in a reply like you did?

peymanagement Platinum

Type @ and then the name, it took me months to figure it out.

pilam76 Platinum

I agree with bejacob, everyone emails nowadays. I always call first!

bejacob Platinum 38 Reviews

Don't get me wrong. I'd email if I thought someone would read it and respond in a timely manner. I just don't have any faith that such a thing will happen. I'm not convinced it's because there is too much email. It feels more like the email department doesn't care. That may not be true, that's just the impression they've given me. taxman193's issue seems to confirm those feelings.

abobastico Silver

Call solves everything. Really.

peymanagement Platinum

I had the same experience, I still have not heard from the e mail, but it was resolved by a mod on here. However, why can Marriott not figure this out. Either there is a chronic too many missing points cases for the resources or there is something going on right now that is causing points shorting, missing, late, etc. Last year I had two of 71 stays where I needed to file a missing stay request both were resolved in a day or two.

muppetwrangler Platinum 8 Reviews

I've had a couple of stays this year where my points didn't post.  After waiting 10 days to fill in the missing stay request, and then waiting more days and still nothing, I've turned to the mods here.  They were always able to resolve the issue within a 24 hour time frame.  A week later I would get the e-mail from Marriott CS that my points had posted, along with a friendly note that it takes up to 10 days to post after check-out.  I'm not sure if I should be annoyed or amused. 

ramoneur Platinum

i have the same right now

filled out missing stay forms - yes forms, i have multiple missing stays now - and no reply/update whatsoever

i am starting to get annoyed

carat Community Manager Marriott Associate Silver

Hi Insiders!  Wanted to shed a little light on the internal workings of this process, so we reached out to the team that oversees all of the inquiries and this is what they've shared with us:

Response times on emails vary based on how many emails we have to answer.  If there is a high number of emails in queue, then the response times may be longer then the standard 48 to 72 hours.  When a member submits a missing stay over the website, they  are completed in the order they are received and there may not be a response generated to the member.  If the member wishes to have their issue processed faster, they would either want to call out phone line, or they can chat live directly with a representative on the website.

Snail5930 Gold

Usually I book two rooms in hotels and usually I get points for one. Last year, after sending e-mail points appeared the next day.

This year in January I was waiting for an answer 5 days.

I was at the JW Marriott London from 20th to May 25th. Again got points for one room.

I sent an e-mail on 27 May - no answer. Yesterday was about to write a new email , but appear chat. We wrote with employee , I sent the bill from the hotel and again nothing. I have no answer, nor points.

My question is anyone have any idea how long I have to wait ?

Snail5930 Gold

Requests by e-mail and chat on the site did not lead to anything. I sent an e-mail to front desk supervisor at JW Marriott London and points arrived .

mikiegfla Platinum 4 Reviews

I've definitely noticed a delayed response. Whereas I would almost always get a reply (and usually resolution) within a day, it's now taking up to four days.

However, since the response has always been to my satisfaction, the wait doesn't bother me.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...