5 Replies Latest reply: Jun 6, 2016 10:02 PM by ssindc RSS

Missing content after recent site maintenance

bejacob Platinum 38 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Hopefully others have not experienced the same issue. After the recent site consolidation, one of my photo albums - the one devoted to pictures of County Courthouses around the United States - has gone missing. I've already been in touch with the moderation team, and while they are still trying to figure out what happened, I was informed that is does appear to be gone. From my perspective, it's not really a big issue as I can easily recreate the album. It's just a bit disconcerting to go looking for something I know was there and not finding it.

Just thought I'd share this with other in the community. I know many, such as ssindc, pluto77, and kharada46 (just to name a few) have posted some great photo albums over the years. Hopefully all their content is still intact.

On the plus side, my other three photo albums - Underwater Hawaii, State Welcome Signs, and Mauna Kea Beach Hotel are still around. I guess it's time to add a few more photos to the state welcome signs album and recreate the county courthouses album.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Missing content after recent site maintenance
    iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

Thanks for this info, looks like my albums I can remember making made it through okay.  I'd be a little upset if they were missing as it takes some time to make the albums, sorry you've lost some.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Me too. I'd be more upset if I lost some of my blog entries. I could recreate those as well, but it would be a bit more difficult.

pluto77 Alumni Steward Platinum 25 Reviews

Thank you for the heads up.  Sorry you lost your courthouse album.  Glad you can easily recreate it.  Hopefully, it's the only one on the forum that got zapped.  I don't think any of mine are missing, but since I have quite a few, and never bothered to create a catalog, I might not know.  I need to do better about backing up my blog entries.

I suppose this gives me a ready-made excuse to put a bit more planning into creating this photo album. The first go around I just added pictures haphazardly. I do make a point of keeping a copy of my blog in a Word file. It helps me easily recall what I posted which comes in handy when I do my year-end recap.

Well, I'm off for a very short trip to Kansas this weekend (Wichita and points west). Perhaps I'll find some good photos to post when I get around to putting this album back together.

ssindc Platinum 42 Reviews

Hey, there, bejacob, sorry to hear that some of your content went missing.

Anyway, here's my long-running list of Insider photo galleries - MI Community Photo Galleries (Updated July 2016) - as you can see from the title, I've fallen behind.  (Maybe I'll update it after my summer road trips wrap up....)  I don't have the energy (right now) to do a survey to see what, if anything, is missing, but if you wanted to.... well, go for it.

I haven't noticed much content missing, but I became officially desensitized to it after many of the hotel reviews were deleted.  (Granted, some have risen from the dead, but that's another story.  Nor do I want to reopen that can of worms.)

My bottom line: sometimes content disappears.  I try not to get emotionally attached to it.

Keep on postin', brother!!!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...