31 Replies Latest reply: Aug 2, 2016 12:51 AM by insertcoffee RSS

Rewards Summer Promotion

hollywood Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Is it just me or does the Summer Promotion seem lame with a max 10,000 points, why did they bother.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Rewards Summer Promotion
    benbuck6 Silver

10,000 points is one night in a Cat. 3 if I'm reading right...that doesn't seem like a BIG reward but I'm stockpiling points for the next 3 years so I will take the 2,000 points a stay with a smile and move on. But the free night certificate after 2 stays a few weeks ago was nice and not that difficult to earn.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

bejacob Platinum 38 Reviews

It is small compared to the spring and fall MegaBonus, but what most people forget is that summer bonuses have not been the norm. When the economy took a dive in 2008, Marriott opted for a summer promotion in 2009 to drive business. They did so for five years. Last summer there was no promotion.

So while it may be small compared to what we've grown accustomed to seeing, I'm glad to see something this year. When the alternative is no bonus points until the fall MegaBonus, I'll take even a small promotion.

peymanagement Platinum

it all depends on perspective, I have already earned 2000 points on the summer thing, I almost got shut out on the spring bonus as I had to make 20 nights to earn anything. If you are a business traveler, it is chump change, but for us who pay for each night, it is welcome.

jerryl Platinum 2 Reviews

I Like this promotion. I don't stay enough to get 20-25 nights but just finished my second stay and got credited with 2000 points. Nice that it gets credited as earned

homoviator Platinum

I'm right there with you jerryl, This is one of the first promotions that I will get to the end.  I'm staying two extra nights that are optional for me, so Marriotts are also being rewarded for this as well. 

I'm taking a cue from another insider. We have a long layover on an international flight. rather than going to the club lounge for six hours at the airport, we are just heading over to the nearby Marriott and chilling at the pool and relaxing.  I'm happy to pay for a night when it come out to about the same as 3 of us in the airport club lounge and we get access to the pool, a nice room and even a shower to freshen up.  This was great advice by another member. I just wish I could give him/her credit.

one  of my nights next week is a stay that is 100 but in addition to normal platinum  points I will get an extra 2000 points so was a lot better than using points

painedplatinum Platinum 2 Reviews

That's the way to do it, homoviator !!

Zonahiker Platinum

Is everyone invited to join in this promotion or are they picking and choosing who can participate? I see nothing about it where I can join in.

Platinum

I don't believe the entire summer bonus was targeted, but there may have been multiple flavors. I'd recommend you contact MR or the elite line depending on your status and they should be able to get you registered or send you a link to do so.

carat Community Manager Marriott Associate Silver

Hi Zonahikerdansplan is right on the money.  You can always call the Elite line or you can reach out to one of us Community Managers and we can take a look for you.  I've gone ahead and sent you a direct message for next steps just in case.  

Zonahiker Platinum

Thank you all - I have been contacted by customer service and they are activating the promotion on my account. I appreciate your fast responses

So glad to hear Zonahiker!!

Zonahiker Platinum

Would you explain this part of the promotion:

Enter our sweeps when you register, and again with every night you stay: 100 members will win 100,000 points – for a total of 10 million points.

When it says "and again with every night you stay"  Where would you reenter at? Or is this an automatic entry and the more nights you stay the more entries into the drawing for 100K points you get?

Thanks in advance!!

This is a great question Zonahiker!  With every completed stay during this promotion, you are automatically entered in this promotion.  

Platinum

It actually will net you as much as 12,000 points since they give you an extra 2000 after the final (6th) stay, but only if you're a MR Credit Cardmember

Earn up to 12,000 bonus points — and get a chance to win our summer sweepstakes.*

See Details

Earn with your exclusive member offer — and as a Marriott Rewards® Credit Cardmember, get an extra 2,000 points. It’s easy:

• Register by September 5, 2016
    • Stay** at participating properties between May 24 and September 5, 2016
    • Earn 2,000 bonus points on every paid stay, starting with your second stay, up to 10,000 bonus points
    • Get an extra 2,000 points after your 6th stay just for being a Marriott Rewards Credit Cardmember

georgia67 Platinum

I stayed at the Ritz Carlton two consecutive weekends on Friday and Saturday nights.

Each weekend I had a Suite and an adjoining room for our children.  Would this count as 1 stay towards the promotion for the second night, or 2 stays, 1 credit for each room?

corrie1013 Platinum

When I click on the promotion banner I get this message???

A Note About This Promotion

We’re sorry, but there was an error in directing you to this promotion.

The reason for this error could be:

• You’re trying to access a miles promotion and are a points-earner, or vice versa
    • You are not eligible for this promotion
    • This promotion has expired

AndrewT Community Manager Marriott Associate Member

Hi corrie1013,

Please send me a direct message with your Rewards number and we'll look into this for you. Thanks for letting us know.

rufrt12 Platinum

Hello;

I'm a lifetime platinum and went to sign up for this promotion, but could not find it, that is, the promotions page says there is no promotion going on,

Platinum

You'll be waiting close to forever if you want the MRI CM's to solve this for you. I'd recommend this:

1. Visit MarriottRewards.com/BonusOpen in a different browser tab or call 888-MARRIOTT (888-627-7468) for complete details

Also an LTP and PP - You can also just call the Plat # and they will get you enrolled - I guarantee it

That's a bit harsh, dansplan. The MRI moderation team has been very successful in getting folks signed up for promotions. Just a few posts above this one are posts by AndrewT and carat offering help.

Here's another one Re: Megabonus promotion 2015 where carat helps

Here's one where AndrewT offered assistance Re: 2016 Global Promotion

Or this topic where lindseyh helped.

The team may not do as much about communicating the IT issues as we'd like, but getting Insiders signed up for promotions or challenges is an area where they are very good. I agree with you that calling the customer service line is the best way to get set up, but suggesting that "you'll be waiting forever" for the team to help is an unfair characterization.

Platinum

Harsh is a bit judgmental, but ok, we can agree to disagree. Differences of opinion are what make any community great. I do try to be respectful, but the CM's are paid to help or at least do what Marriott deems important in the context of MRI. You can see I've praised carat and others when they help, and call them on it when they pass the buck or just ask us to sit tight. I wouldn't continue to post if I didn't think there was a chance for things to improve. They also are free to speak up anytime if they disagree with me - correct? They have at least as much voice as you and I, and in fact have more if they choose to exercise it. 

Lastly, the post is about the summer promotion - is the problem solved for this individual or not? That's the point of these posts - not to bat each other around, right? = I gave them a way to solve the problem, which is what we all would want in this situation. If you want to be a cheer leader for MRI CM's, that's ok too - go team!  I think they're a fine group, but see their approach to solving issues as lacking especially when it comes to informing the group of a solution rather than asking the one person to DM them.

Agreed. I just feel that this is one area where they are quite helpful. We also agree that in many other areas, they do not have a lot of sway.

corrie1013 Platinum

Just wanted to say THANK YOU AndrewT!  Checked account today and the promo is showing AND gave credit for my stay last month.  Thanks again!

Great to hear corrie1013. Score one for the moderation team. Good job, AndrewT

AndrewT Community Manager Marriott Associate Member

Thanks corrie1013 and bejacob!

Good luck with the promotion, Corrie!

rjwainz Gold

Andrew T - that was so nice of you.  Hope Carat is able to do the same for me.  I direct messaged her.  :-)

rjwainz Gold

I get the same message.  I have been trying to register for weeks.  I have had numerous stays since May and couldn't enroll

This promotion worked perfectly for me . I usually only stay a single night and this past week due to a lot of board meetings ( or should I say boring ) I managed to max out hoo hoo

insertcoffee Platinum

I had to call for MegaBonus as well as the summer promo. Not sure what was wrong but I had issues trying to do it online.

I'd either call MR or ping one of the CMs on the board to get this resolved so you can get your stays bonused properly.

insertcoffee Platinum

I'm still working on LT points accrual, did not have to change travel to get these points, and am happy to have them.

Like others have pointed out, this might be a 'lesser' promotion than MegaBonus to some folks, but MI has not traditionally had a summer promotion anyway.

I'm not calling it lame--I'm just saying "Thanks for the extra points requiring almost no additional work on my part."

YMMV.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...