27 Replies Latest reply: Jul 10, 2016 8:18 PM by renaissanceman1944 RSS

New app update

pilam76 Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

image.pngJust doing an update, did everyone see what it says about receiving a confirm about receiving a room upgrade before you arrive at the hotel!!!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
The Woodlands, Texas, USA Marriott Hotels & Resorts The Woodlands Waterway Marriott Hotel & Convention Center
  • Re: New app update
    droma Platinum

Can't wait to see how this works!  Also, the mobile requests to opt out of housekeeping is great if it's easy to do through the app.  I have a stay at the San Diego Marquis coming up next week, will report back if I get to experience any of these new perks.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

stevenf Platinum

Where can I find a list of hotels has the option on opt out of housekeeping?

droma Platinum

Pretty cool, two days before check-in and I'm already given the option to do the following (can't submit until check in though):

• Request towels: # of bath, hand, or wash cloths and an area for comments
      • Request different times of pillows and bedding: # of each and comments
      • Request bath amenities: # of soap, shampoo, conditioner, lotion, dental, shaving, body wash, shower caps, combs
      • Request room cleaing
      • Chat area for "Anything else"

Also, I have the option to "opt out" of maid service for 3 nights at a time and 500 points per night.  The new function looks really excellent, if it works properly it's going to be a fantastic additional benefit!  Will report back on the upgrade, which is the part I'm most looking forward to.

nationwide Platinum

The Marriott mobile app upgrade had some difficulty uploading.  The app timed out multiple times, and I got several error messages before finally getting it to load.  I had to power my phone on and off 3 times to finally get it to work.  I sure hope the new features work better than the initial experience. 

mustanggt Platinum

I just updated my app in about 15 seconds.  I'll excited to use the new features!

seatexan Platinum

thanks for sharing, I will update!

nationwide Platinum

The new room upgrade notification feature sounds great - will be anxious to see it in action this month   and, of course, skipping a day or two of housekeeping for the points will be cool too!  I am wondering if the Pointslut badge conjured up in another thread could have a "messy multiplier" for the most points earned by skipping out on housekeeping services.  It could have wings like a military decoration - I can't draw a dustbunny, but that's what I am envisioning! 

Location Brand Hotel
    The Woodlands, Texas, USA Marriott Hotels & Resorts The Woodlands Waterway Marriott Hotel & Convention Center
    iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

Do you get prompted that any update is available or are you folks uninstalling then loading the new app?

sash19 Platinum 1 Reviews

Personally I am just seeing it in the app center on my iphone.  I check it weekly to see what apps I have on my phone and ipad are ready for updates.  Updating the app now and it took 15 seconds.  Staying at the Marriott in Dublin OH this weekend-anxious to see if it works as mentioned.

rsbelote Silver

I think this is a move in the right direction for Marriott, but I still feel that their App in lacking compared to others in the industry.

monisame Platinum

I was using the app this week. Its is now asking if you would need a late check out. This is new. But for this option you have to remind the point when you arrive at the hotel. I also received a notification  when the room was ready. But nothing about upgrades.!! So if you want to be upgraded it seems that you need to go to the hotel an ask for that . We will see in the future

mikiegfla Platinum 4 Reviews

I really like the new no-housekeeping points and have used them three times in the past two months. The points come in handy and I have no problem re-using the same towels. Additionally, it saves the property a lot in human and material resources. This is one idea whose time has come.

monisame Platinum

How many points did you get for that?????

nationwide Platinum

pilam76 I just used the new app for my stay this week the first time.  I must say I am really pleased with the way it worked!  They notified me of my upgrade to a larger executive room, gave me the chance to check in early and guaranteed check out late, and arrange for pillows, towels etc for the week.  While I didn't use it this time, the chat feature seems useful when you are onsite and need something in a pinch.  So long as everything we've agreed to works, this will be an outstanding start to the week's stay!  Good work by the development team!!!  It's really nice to be looking forward to the upgraded room without having to politely ask at check-in. 

Location Brand Hotel
      pilam76 Platinum

nationwide   Did the notification specify the upgrade to the larger executive room or just tell you that you have been upgraded?

nationwide Platinum

pilam76 Yes, it specified the larger executive room with 1 king bed.  That was definitely new, and much appreciated.

vickisocal Platinum

Checked in online yesterday( had reserved regular room) and got:

Larger Guest Room, Corner, King, City view

Glanced at reservation today before departing for airport and now it is back to a regular room. Grr.

Concierge lounge access, Guest room, 1 King or 2 Double, City view

pilam76 Platinum

vickisocal so you got upgraded then day of check in got notification it was back to being a regular room?

vickisocal Platinum

No notification, just looking at the room description on the app. It was a larger room yesterday, now it is not.

pilam76 Platinum

vickisocal I would love to know how this turns out!

vickisocal Platinum

It's a normal room. Front desk says it was never anything different.

Snail5930 Gold

I checked (with app) on Saturday, got a large room, but the application does not report for this upgrade. Perhaps the reason is that I am in Europe and I use Android phone.

vickisocal Platinum

Note you can always see the assigned room type by clicking on the reservation on the web page. You don't have to use the app.

alwweb Platinum 4 Reviews

I used the new app to check into the Renaissance in OKC several weeks ago and even though the app had the correct dates, when I went to pick up my keys (which seems to take just as long as when I don't check in ahead of time - but they did have my early check-in ready), they confirmed that I was checking out Thursday.  No, I said, I'm checking out Friday.  We confirmed that we were both looking at the same reservation number.  They added the extra night, so, no harm not foul, but it made me wonder how on earth the dates got changed.

I too used the skip housekeeping for points.  I only had them come once half way through my stay.  It worked out well.  It wasn't available at my Residence Inn last week.  I think it is only available at some hotels.

joelambic Gold

I have a few stays coming up so will give the latest version a workout.  They are one-nighters so won't be able to test out the housekeeping option but plan to give in-app check-in/check-out a whirl.

renaissanceman1944 Platinum

I've used the APP for some time now to check in and check out and have actually been quite disappointed with it lately since the supposed upgrade.  I usually request additional bath amenities (shampoo, conditioner) and have done it a number of times recently through the APP and it has been ignored every time.  Also, I never get the notification that my room is ready so not sure how good the APP really is.  The Hilton Honors APP is much better and you can do a great deal more with it.  You would think that Marriott with it's concern for its brand would want to have the best APP in the business.  I for one am not impressed.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...