14 Replies Latest reply: Sep 1, 2016 2:16 PM by homoviator RSS

Atlantis Earning nights and reservation process

treofred Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Hi,

I'm new to the community but a long time Marriott Rewards member. I've made a booking for Atlantis through the Marriott website (although it looks like a redirecting website) and would like to know if I will be credited for the stay, both points and nights wise. This is a bit of a sore spot for me as I'm almost a lifetime platinum but it looks like in the last three years Marriott keeps changing the rules (sometimes randomly!) to prevent some night stays from counting. I've had explanations of:

- My nights did not count because they were prepaid

- My nights did not count because of a promotion at the location I went too

- My nights did not count because they were booked through a 3rd party website.

HOWEVER, I've had reservation made through 3rd party website/special event/prepaid who DID count more recently (which is why I'm getting really confused on what the rules are )

For Atlantis, I had a couple slightly better pricing/added features opportunities from 3rd parties but ended up booking through the Marriott site to make sure I would get credit. However, right now my reservation (which has been confirmed and fully charged by Atlantis) does *NOT* show on my list of reservation for my Rewards Number

Could somebody please please give a final expectation on what to expect and how things work?

Thank everybody

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Paradise Island, Bahamas Autograph Collection Atlantis, Royal Towers, Autograph Collection
  • Re: Atlantis Earning nights and reservation process
    deannad Community Manager Marriott Associate Member

Hi treofred,

Welcome to Insiders, and thanks for your post! I'm Deanna, and am part of the moderation team along with carat, lindseyh & AndrewT. Feel free to reach out to any of us via private message if you have further questions or issues that require assistance.

In regards to this post, Atlantis has it's own Customer Care department, separate from the regular Marriott Customer Care which our team on Insiders works with. Calling Atlantis Customer Care is the most direct way to get your questions answered. Their Customer Care phone number is 800-466-8068. They also have a Luxury Care Desk, where they might also be able to assist, and that number is 954-809-2555. Make sure you have your Rewards number and Reservation number on hand to provide to the agent, and they should be able to tell you if your Reservation is eligible to earn night and point credits, and why it is not showing up on your online account under upcoming Reservations.

In terms of up to date Terms & Conditions, here are the current T&C that explain actions for eligible points earning activities: Marriott Rewards Terms and Conditions

Hope this helps, and again, welcome to the site! We look forward to seeing more of you on here.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

treofred Platinum

Thanks Deannad, I wanted to follow up on this in case anybody else was interested

I did call the 800 number you mentioned (which identifies itself as a regular Marriott Reward line, nothing special about Atlantis ) and I did speak with a very nice person on the line. She indicated that:

- My booking does show that it was made directly (through the website, not a third party agent)

- It is eligible to earn nights and points

- My Marriott Number is indeed on the reservation

- The reservation is *NOT* a Marriott Reservation number (it is a booking number ?!?) and as such does not reflect in the Marriott system (which I thing is a bug that should be corrected: airline alliance have some of the same issue but at least you see the records )

All in all, thank you for your assistance. I think I'm set and will report back after our stay on what ended up happening

Cheers

wbwest Platinum

Did you get credit for your stay?  One of the moderators linked your question to my post since it was similar.  I booked my trip three weeks ago via the Atlantis website not realizing it wouldn't interface with Marriott (seems like their issue, not mine).  Originally spoke to someone who said I  not get credit for my stay.  Then spoke to the luxury desk who said  was a glitch on their end and I would get credit and that there was a delay in posting to my account.  I just got an email from Marriott and they are saying no credit. 

treofred Platinum

Hi Wbwest,

my stay hasn't happened yet. I will try to get a guarantee in writing that my stay/nights will be credited. Something fishy seems to be happening btw as my lifetime points balance has now disappeared (it was well over 2 millions and now shows zero !) and my lifetime night balance doesn't seem to have been accrued correctly... I'm starting to wonder if Marriott wants to con me out of ever get it Lifetime Platinum

mrbmbrown Platinum

wbwest when I looked at the T&C it looks like if you book through Atlantis that no nights get credited.

"

1. Atlantis, Paradise Island, Bahamas participates in Marriott Rewards as follows:
            1. Points or Miles may be earned for reservations booked through www.marriott.com/atlantis or by calling 1-855-696-4732. Points or Miles will not be earned and Points cannot be redeemed for reservations booked through Atlantis Paradise Vacations, Atlantis.com, or AtlantisBahamas.com.
            2. Points may be redeemed for stays only by calling 1-855-696-4732. At this time, redemption stays cannot be booked online.
            3. Points or Miles may be earned and Points may be redeemed for stays at Atlantis, Beach Tower; Atlantis, Coral Towers; Atlantis, Royal Towers; and Atlantis, The Cove. The Reef Atlantis participates as an earnings location only.
            4. Rewards Redemption stays at Atlantis, Beach Tower; Atlantis, Coral Towers; Atlantis, Royal Tower; and Atlantis, The Cove will include a single or double standard room, including the cost of your hotel room, room tax, and extra-person charges, if any. All other hotel charges, including resort fees and service charges are the responsibility of the Rewards Program Member and are not included in the stay.
            5. Points or Miles may be earned on Room Rate only."

Rewards Terms and Conditions

So, if you book through another channel (as is often the case with any 3rd party booking - no credit. Though I do agree that seems chintzy on the part of Marriott to not allow you to book directly with Atlantis. Though this is the same issue at the Cosmo...

wbwest Platinum

I agree.  After many hours going back and forth with Marriott they will not credit my stay. They have acknowledged that Atlantis is not a third party.  After deeper research, if you book through Atlantis on a laptop/computer, it does redirect you to the Marriott website if you are a reward member.  I booked on my mobile and it doesn't redirect.  Seems like their issue and not mine; but unfortunately I am the one losing.  This is the second major issue I've had with Marriott in the last several years. 

702rugbyref Platinum

I stayed there about 3 years ago. I don't know if it was associated with Marriott at the time or remember much of the booking details except I know I did not get any rewards.

treofred Platinum

Well, I'll see what happens. I did get some confirmation email from the VIP Concierge at Atlantis that my reservation WAS made through the Marriott website and I should get credited for it. They've been super helpful and super nice, I will update this thread after my stay to confirm if everything was credited correctly.

Cheers

treofred Platinum

Replying to my own post as I just recently came back from my stay. This was my first stay at Atlantis since it moved into an Autograph collection hotel through Brookfield Asset Management and I must say that the property looks as good as ever and the service is still exceptional (and of course, be ready to spend a LOT of money over there.) Numerous little changes and the only sad thing was the lack of Manta rays as they've released the last couple ones which were becoming too big and haven't found replacement yet.

Onto the Marriott reward part, which was the main difference for me this time...

I was contacted by the concierge about a month before my trip as an acknowledgement of being a Marriott Elite member with some additional information, options to book restaurants or activities in advance and instructions to check in at the VIP lounge (Sun Lounge) instead of the regular check-in.

At check-in, everything was ready beforehand, there was no line in the lounge and our rooms were upgraded to the top floor, again as recognition of Marriott status. We were also instructed to work directly with the VIP concierge for any needs instead of the regular guest services desk.

That's about it, everything was flawless so far and I'm just waiting to see if the nights will be credited on my account, as was promised numerous times. I'll update this thread accordingly !

Cheers

treofred Platinum

and a final note on all this: my nights and points for the Atlantis stay are now showing up in my MR account, as everybody said they would. This was flawless

homoviator Platinum

I'm eager to go to Atlantis, but I'm still exhausted by their website where you have to call. I will be very happy to when the hotel is fully integrated into the marriott website. Maybe it never.  But I feel like there's always something about Atlantis that makes it more complicated to stay at than just regular online reservations.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...