5 Replies Latest reply: May 29, 2016 5:27 PM by jamesdean RSS

Brisbane Marriott: no points booking for mid July

jamesdean Platinum 1 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

In Brisbane Australia for the week of July 17th and to my surprise the Brisbane Marriott is not accepting points booking. I have booked in a regular rate but wondering if I keep checking that perhaps they will release some rooms for points closer to my arrival date? I understand hotels can block out points booking's but this far out from my arrival date, does that seem appropriate?

That being said looks like a great property and looking forward to my week "down under"...

JD

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia Marriott Hotels & Resorts Brisbane Marriott Hotel
  • Re: Brisbane Marriott: no points booking for mid July
    monisame Platinum

DO you call Marriott Rewards. !! They can help.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

clebert Platinum 21 Reviews

jamesdean, please post a review of this property when you get back.  I'm also planning a stay and was hoping to use points.

yes will do, most definitely post a review...& as well let you know if I can get a points room closer to my arrival date, sometime they free up a few rooms when they have a better stance on the inventory for that week.

JD

guidedog613 Platinum 6 Reviews

jamesdean, the hotel may have already sold out its point availability rooms. Since they set aside only a set number of rooms that you can book with points they may have sold out a while ago. It is school break and trip planning sometimes requires booking rooms as soon as they are available on line....that is about 11 months out.

Good response Guidedog613.

I guess it doesn't sit well in my craw that they would block points bookings yet still have rooms for full rate, it kinda takes the incentive away from MR members. Im sitting on a big cache of points right now and was hoping to use some of 'em.

Be nice to know what the inventory control policy is but I imagine every property has it's own rules on that...

JD

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...