2 Replies Latest reply: May 29, 2016 9:26 PM by deannad RSS

This is utterly confusing

7 Platinum 1 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

So, I was looking into a room for one night next month and saw this:

Screen Shot 2016-05-28 at 5.22.09 PM.png

I thought "prepay in full, non-refundable if cancelled less than 1 day before arrival". That's good because I'm not 100% sure of my plans yet, but I'll know before 1 day out so I'll go ahead and book it just in case though. But wait, let me check the rate details first:

Screen Shot 2016-05-28 at 5.22.23 PM.png

Wait, so the rate is 127EUR, but they have to charge me 130EUR to reserve it. But, I can cancel up to the day before at no charge, but the prepayment isn't refundable?

So, is it 127EUR or 130? And, is it refundable or not?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: This is utterly confusing
    gk17 Platinum 1 Reviews

Had a similar scenario before with the non-refundable cancellation terms. When I reached out to Marriott, they said to go by what it says in the title (the top of your screenshot). Mine actually was conflicting information though saying no changes were permitted at all. Your's still mention the date of June 20th, so assuming you were booking for June 21st, that seems to be ok.

I have no idea why there is a 3 EURO difference. Probably best to reach out to Marriott email support so you have the correct rate documented.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: This is utterly confusing
    deannad Community Manager Marriott Associate Member

Hi 7,

I agree that terms are oddly worded and I don't know why there's a difference in the charges; we would need to contact the hotel to clarify.  Could you please send me a private message with the hotel this was for and the dates you were planning to stay, and we'll see what we can find out from the hotel? Thank you!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...