6 Replies Latest reply: Feb 15, 2010 12:06 PM by tresforpres RSS

Spring Skiing

arbplatinum Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

My kids' spring break vacation is at the end of March. I'd like to stay at a Marriott property somewhere, but would also like to be able to ski, and put the kids in ski school. We typically go to Vail and/or Beaver Creek, Colorado, but I was thinking of trying somewhere different. Anyone have any ideas or opinions? Thanks.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Spring Skiing
    superchief1 Platinum

Park City, UT is a great ski destination. There are 3 Marriot properties in the area: one FS hotel and two timeshares with 1 and 2 bedroom condo style units. Salt Lake City is only about 45 min. drive.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

ARBP,

Super Chi is so right!  Park City is great and we always have a great time and really enjoy the fine food, BUT!

After being at the Vail Marriott last week-end, it's tough to beat for a family.  The ease at getting to most things is really special and the staff is so very good.  It is a tough choice, but you can't go wrong, so good luck!

arbplatinum Platinum

Thanks for the replies. Funny, woke up this morning thinking about looking into Park City online because I remembered there were a few Marriott properties there, but I've never been.

So, is it not as kid and family-friendly as the Vail Marriott? Not as easy to get around? Not as much to do?

Easy to get on and off the slopes from the property?

Any input on the ski school at PC?

Thanks again.

tjcnewyork Platinum

For a northeast alternative, check-out  Marriott TownePlace Suites, a new property that opened in May 2009 in Gilford, NH, it's about 1 mile to Gunstock, a favorite ski and snowboarding resort near Lake Winnepesaukee.  See When Lake Winnepesaukee Freezes Over

The Gilford TownePlace Suites is not a resort, but their rooms are very family friendly, large and have sofabeds and king size beds.  They are a points-friendly hotel, offer complimentary breakfast and the associates Megan, Doti (FD) and Larry (GM) are super friendly.  There is also a Residence Inn in North Conway, NH is close to ski resorts in the White Mountains which opened in 2009.  I haven't stayed there yet, but hope to soon.

If you're looking to burn points the TPS and RI are good alternatives and excellent values since the newer ones offer bigger breakfasts and Marriott Vacation Club style accomodations with fully-equipped kitchens.  If looking to conserve points and build your account balance, then Park City Marriott Vacation Club and the full-service hotel for dining is the best route.

As Superchief points out, Park City is less than an hour from Salt Lake City.  Central New Hampshire's Lakes Region is about an hour north of Logan Airport in Boston on I-93.  Whichever you choose have a super great spring family vacation.

superchief1 Platinum

Although I am not a skier, the Marriott Mountainside resort is located adjacent to one of the main ski lifts. This is definitiely a family friendly facility, and have heard many positive comments from families. For more information about the MVC resorts and activities in the area, I suggest checking out the Timeshare User Group forum. There is a thread dedicated to Marriott Vacation Club, and you will find many postings regarding skiing in Park City and Vail.

tresforpres Platinum

We did this last year at BeaverCreek Co. We stayed at the Ritz Cartlon Batchelor Gulch. We used points and then upgraded to mountain side Suite for the difference between the rack rates. It was great time and highly recommend the resort.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...