11 Replies Latest reply: May 30, 2016 12:34 PM by pilam76 RSS

Disgusting experience in Moscow Marriott Grand Hotel

alexnjoo Gold 1 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Hi,

Just want to share my recent experience (2016, May 22-23) in Moscow Marriott Grand Hotel

Stayed here for business, the properties is OK, up to par with any other Marriott hotel.

Things got disgusting as I woke up in morning, brush my teeth and prepared to take a bath.

The water is brownish color.

Called the hotel, they sent an engineer to see the problem.

Engineer came, saw the problem, doing his things, and said it will be fixed within 10 minutes

After 15 minutes, try to see whether the problem is fixed, but its not.

When I drain the tub, you can see a clear marks of traces of sands??? Dirt??? Steel grams???

All is listed in the picture enclosed.

So upset, decide to talk to one of the Duty Manager Mr. Vitaly Turchinsky

The Duty Manager came and all he does is smirking, and never provide an explanation on whats happening, not even apologize.

He only smirk and listen, and in the end, there is nothing we can do. What do you want?? Is this the level of DUTY MANAGER in Marriott?????

I just wash my mouth with that kind of water, and all he said "nothing we can do, what do you want?".... I felt so horribly disgust on what happens in this properties, and the level of attitude towards customers.

I dont waste any second, I just pack up and leave the properties.

I hope someone, someway, somehow, my problems is ready by the Marriott management.

After checking here and there, one of the reception inform me, the problem has been happening since last night.

According to them,due to change of season, they (the city of Moscow) are draining the water system, so the whole area is affected.

I found this explanation is ridiculous, however I decide to call Marriott Tverskaya where I stayed a week before, and they informed me, there is no such problem in their properties. The Marriott Tverskaya is just approx 4-5 blocks away from this disgusting Moscow Marriott Grand Hotel, so go figure.

Even if there is such kind a problem, if the hotel management know the problem since last night, they should have inform the guest by notes or something and prepare a bottle of mineral water for washing mouth/brushing teeth. They cant let this happened like this.

Thank God I dont drink Tap Water, I cant imagine what happened to the people who drink tap water that morning

On the craziest note, the attitude of Vitaliy Turchinsky is simply unacceptable to any standard.

Just smirk/smile and say 'nothing we can do', 'what do you want'.

I want you to care on what happened to the hotel guest!!!! and start think/do action plan!! Not smirking!

Upon check out, I also notice 2 other guest complaining the same thing to the reception.

I dont know what happened next, I just left

I try to upload the pictures, but it seems an error always occur during upload eventhough the pics size is less than 2mb in total

Alexandre Njoto

Marriott Reward Gold, Accor Platinum, HHonors Gold

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Moscow Marriott Grand Hotel
  • Re: Disgusting experience in Moscow Marriott Grand Hotel
    ramoneur Platinum

try use "snipping"-tool in windows to descrease size of pictures;

open picture, use snipping tool, save

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

deannad Community Manager Marriott Associate Member

Hi alexnjoo,

I sent your complaint to our team, and they advised that they have shared your comments with the Executive Offices of this hotel and have asked them to reach out to you regarding your concerns. Please let us know if you do not hear from someone within 24 hours.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention, and sorry to hear you had this experience.

alexnjoo Gold 1 Reviews

Hi deannad,

Thanks for the reply, hope someone care enough to check the problem that I mentioned.

I manage to upload the pictures, as a proof of my complaints.

Same pictures already forwarded to the hotel and cc to the GM.

Regards

alexnjoo Gold 1 Reviews

Thanks for the reply,

Someone from the hotel is already in contact with me. Also manage to find the GM's email address from tripadvisor. Hope he have time to read this issue.Brown Water.jpg

alexnjoo Gold 1 Reviews

Steel Grams1.jpgTraces of Sands.jpg

alexnjoo Gold 1 Reviews

Traces of Sands2.jpg

seatexan Platinum

If they are pulling from a well, this can happen.  Iron or manganese can make the water brown.  This kind of looks like rust...

My guess would be rusty pipes.  There was a write up somewhere, I will try to find it, that even Putin has rusty water sometimes.  So really, I don't think it is Marriott's fault.

seatexan Platinum

http://ruadventures.com/forum/index.php?topic=20158.0

Here is a conversation on it.

http://www.themoscowtimes.com/news/article/putin-and-medvedev-lament-rusty-tap-water-in-their-houses/491016.html

Here is the write up.

So it looks like this is not uncommon and unfortunately Marriott really can't do anything about the city's pipes.

pilam76 Platinum

Maybe not but if the Marriott knows about it, a  forewarning to all guests as they check in and providing them with one bottle of water for brushing, washing, etc. isn't too much to ask.

alexnjoo Gold 1 Reviews

Hi SeaTexan

Thanks for the comment

2 things in this issue,

First, if its a problem, then I guess the hotel should let the guest know in advance. As I mentioned earlier, they informed that this happens overnight. If thats the case, really appreciate a heads up before I put it in my mouth. Can you imagine drinking something like that? Sure, rusty pipe might happens here and there, but there should be a notification on whats going on. This is something related to our body, couldnt imagine if I did drink the water.

Second thing, is the attitude of Duty Manager. Never experienced a problem like this before. So rude, I never get used to the fact someone saying "........ what do you want" especially in terms of hospitality.

Anyhow, bad things happens all the time. What makes a difference is how you handle that bad things....

seatexan Platinum

heh! Gad! no I would not want that in my mouth, but I do know rusty water won't really hurt you.  It's more the thought of it that is icky to me! There is a building with old pipes my parents own, the water needs some flushing here and there, but it is safe to drink.  I tend to not drink the water when I travel.  Depending where, I might not even brush my teeth with it!

I totally agree with you on how things should be handled and attitude should never be used.  I don't think this happens everyday there or all the time but I suppose the rust settles at night and then of course the next morning it would need to be flushed out. 

He should have apologized and explained the quirks of Moscow and how sadly this does indeed happen on occasion and how he wishes there was something he could do.  Maybe "what do you want" is a language barrier issue.  You would know better tho, having spoken to him directly,he might speak better English than that.

I suppose as it doesn't happen every day, they won't warn guest. 

Hopefully you at least get a decent apology for the lack of manners used by the manager.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...