3 Replies Latest reply: Jun 7, 2016 11:37 AM by annew20 RSS

WORST hotel experience ever!

702rugbyref Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

It is unfortunate that I find myself writing this but it is for the consumer.

I had a meeting in a nearby Embassy Suite but chose to stay at the Renaissance hotel located in Stapleton, CO due to my loyalty. Upon check-in, the front counter server offered me a set of ear-plugs...yes that's right ear-plugs to which I asked why. She responded they have been getting considerable complaints regarding train noise from the nearby tracks.

Well, unfortunately these complaints were absolutely justified. Even I appreciate the sound of a train whistle now and again but apparently the whistles are constant at least 2-3 times every hour and it got even worse towards daybreak. what is surprising is how loud the outside noise is in the rooms, including the adjacent highway noise. This hotel is absolutely horrible from any provision to dampen the noise pollution from both trains and vehicles. I would have cancelled my stay upon check-in simply because of this 'warning' with the gift of ear-plugs as my welcome gift but given Marriott's cancellation policy, I would have lost out.

It is clear that this hotel is all about the money and not a positive customer experience as I also looked on the hotel's website here on Marriott.com and nowhere that I noted did it disclose any issues with noise. I would be curious to know the number of complaints that would have been levied against this property. It is shameful that anyone would have to experience this, including this Platinum Elite member. VERY, VERY DISAPPOINTING.

BTW...I actually made an audio recording from inside from room of the train horn blast.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Denver, Colorado, USA Renaissance Hotels Renaissance Denver Hotel
  • Re: WORST hotel experience ever!
    dollard Alumni Steward Silver 11 Reviews

Next time you go around that area if you can go out a little further I recommend staying in Boulder! Unbelievable little town that will make you want to move. The Marriott is down by the franchise shopping area but I usually stay at the St Julien Spa.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

702rugbyref Platinum

I have stayed at west end Marriott but in this case my meeting was nearby this location

annew20 Silver

I also experienced train noise from my recent trip to Chicago.  We stayed at the Residence Inn near Midway airport for one night prior to our flight home.  I didn't realize there was a train there until I awoke at night to high screeching noise that continued into the night.  No train whistles, but you can imagine the screeching was so uncomfortable & luckily I carry ear plugs with me.  I didn't complain the next morning since we left early anyway.  I got an email survey from the hotel so I did mention it & they replied that they are aware of the train noise & will be working with the City of Bedford to try & resolve this situation.  Except for that, the hotel was fine & I liked the free shuttle to the airport.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...