16 Replies Latest reply: Jun 2, 2016 9:38 AM by bjones89 RSS

First stay with Delta since they were integrated.

peymanagement Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

I just checked into the Delta Guelph, Ontario. I used to use Delta's fairly often years ago, but have not been in one in five years. Here is what I found out.

• initial check in was good, I was greeted as a platinum and given a rundown of the hotel.
  • The hotel does not have a lounge so I have breakfast vouchers.
  • I got the usual north America 10 dollar voucher that I used for lunch in the bar/lounge.
  • I was upgraded to a suite, it is nice. Not huge but nice.
  • When I went down to get my luggage the front desk worker asked me all was fine with the room.
  • No little bottles of water in the room, but they do have the overpriced bottle of water and snacks which were subject of a recent bejacob post.
  • This hotel is a Cat 3, I think that is a good deal. The hotel is here because of the large University and is directly across from campus.
  • The big city Delta's are much fancier, it feels and looks somewhere between a four points and a small Marriott

On integration, they are fully integrated into Marriot, It did not feel like something Marriot took over, the keys, the rooms, the elevator feels Marriot.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: First stay with Delta since they were integrated.
    brightlybob Platinum 10 Reviews

Useful update, thanks.

I'm looking foward to trying out the Quebec Delta in July. I was to be staying at the Montreal Delta too, but found an LNF at the Marriott there, so that's out now. But like you I'll return back with a Delta update.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

bejacob Platinum 38 Reviews

Now about that Delta badge....

vaboywnder Alumni Steward Platinum 21 Reviews

Good report peymanagement!  Thanks for sharing!

peymanagement Platinum

Just to finish the post on the stay and checkout.

• The breakfast vouchers were taken for anything on the menu, The first day was my granddaughters track meet so we were early and had the buffet, it was good. The second day I ordered the Canadian off of the menu and my granddaughter had the buffet. She had fresh fruit which looked very good.
    • It is a university hotel but the provincial courthouse is also across the street, lots of lawyer talk at breakfast.
    • My granddaughter had lunch at her track meet, so at lunch I went back to the hotel at lunch, I used my 10 dollar plat voucher (and a little extra)for beer and an open faced veggie sandwich which was very excellent.
    • Checkout was fine, there was a charge for first night b fast which was resolved.
    • A con with this hotel is it is on a small footprint and shares exercise and pool with the gym right next door, but age limit is 12. It is a business hotel, not so many kids.
    • I was leery about points as this hotel was last to integrate, but I checked out Thursday and my points and stay were credited on Friday which is a record for me,

I have another stay here in July, I am counting on my friend bejacob, and brightlybob to lobby for a Delta badge. However til then, this hotel is a category 3 for that, other than the shared fitness/pool facilities, it is a very nice place,

Since it takes 2 stays to make a badge, it'll be a long while until I make my second stay. even so, with only a pathetic 2 badges, the Delta is definitely one I can get hold of, but only if it's included in the list.. Which it's not

peymanagement Platinum

Yes, it is tough getting badges in the EU. There are not many brands other than Marriott  and Ren, with a few Courtyards scattered in. There is a Res Inn in Edinburgh and one in Munich, but I think that is all.

Yes, of Marriotts inventory in the UK, 50 are Marriotts, 3 are Renaissance, 3 Autographs, 2 CY, 1 is JW and 1 an RI. We are shortly to get 2 ACs. I didn't bother to sign up the badges till last year so have just the Marriott and Ren badges but think I have 1 Autograph stay since signing up. So it's tough to stay at that many brands, although in Europe, although Marriotts do make up the majority of hotels, ACs are commonplace in Spain, and there's a quite a few in Italy too. CY is quite numerous in Germany and Autographs are springing up around the continent, though my European travels this year won't take me to a Marriott. But a 2-week Canadian and 17 night US trip will add considerably to my brand score, partly thanks to bejacob's flexibility in his County Collecting trip giving me a couple of new brands, and partly due to Civil War sites being well away from the major cities, so all those travels will see me collect a paid CY stay in July and another around TIPPLE, likewise I should get my 2nd Autograph during TIPPLE. By year-end I'll have Marriott, Ren, CY and Autograph badges and be halfway to Delta, RI, SHS and FFI (wow, the prestige of my travels!).

bejacob Platinum 38 Reviews

We want a Delta badge, we want a Delta badge, we want a Delta badge....

Like brightlybob, I have one Delta stay planned and no idea when a second one might occur. Still it would be nice to halfway to such a badge after staying at Delta this summer.

Come on Marriott IT. It's a measly bit of digital bling and 25 reward points after two stays. Throw us a bone here.

Delta badge.png

If I can create this lovely example in less than a minute, surely the IT folks can make this happen.

bjones89 Platinum

I just stayed 2 different times at the Delta in Regina last week and the week before (1 night stay each).  Nice hotel, upgraded both times. Platinum level member.  First night/room, had bottle of water and a piece of candy at the desk waiting for me.  Second stay, didn't have water nor candy (no big deal).  The furniture was old and a little cheesy (looked like it may have been from the late 70's or 80's with the press wood style, some was chipped or peeling).  Comfortable bed and very updated bathroom (large garden tub with jets).  I would certainly stay here again if in the area.  Very friendly staff and accommodating.

Now, about the Delta badge?????????

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...