9 Replies Latest reply: Jun 2, 2016 4:56 PM by deannad RSS

Technical question on "stays"

john_thai Platinum 8 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Latest promotion is based on stays, starting with your second stay. Started May 24.

On May 24 I was already in the middle of a stay (that started a week earlier). Does this count as the first stay or does the stay have to start after the start of the promotion?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Technical question on "stays"
    tommo781 Silver 8 Reviews

I can't be certain, but I would assume the day you check out is the date that counts.  If my logic is correct, it would count as the first stay - but don't take my word for it.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

bejacob Platinum 38 Reviews

I agree with Tommo781. While it's hard to say if it will count, I think it should. At least part of the stay occurred during the promo period. I don't think the date of check-out matters (i.e. I believe a stay that begins on Sept 5 and ending after the promo ends will also count since the first night falls within the time period).

The terms & conditions say stays made "between May 24, 2016 and September 5, 2016." I see nothing indicating that a stay has to begin on May 24 or later. I say it counts. I suspect Marriott will say so too. At least I hope so. Let us know when you complete a 2nd stay (based on this one being the first) if you get your 2,000 points.

peymanagement Platinum

I have a progress bar with a stay of one, so you should know when points for this stay are posted. If your situation does not count, I would expect a great debate on here.

deannad Community Manager Marriott Associate Member

I've asked our team to clarify if this will count towards the promo John. Will let you know once hear back

Hi John,

Our team has advised that they have reached out directly to you via email.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

tommo781 Silver 8 Reviews

Please let us know tha answer @john_thai (I can't get your user name to show) so we all know.  Thanks

john_thai Platinum 8 Reviews

Never got an e-mail

Hi John,

Our team has advised that since it is a stay promotion, as long as you check out after the promotion starts, you will get credit for the stay.

Snail5930 Gold

I check out after 5 day stay on May 25 and I think that the system count a valid bonus stay.

Summerpromo.png

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...