3 Replies Latest reply: Jan 31, 2010 5:52 PM by tjcnewyork RSS

Why do the hotels limit choice of rooms using points?

traveler01 Platinum
Currently Being Moderated
Hi, I was trying to book a 2bedroom at either town place suite or residence inn in Greenville SC using my points. I was told that I cannot book a two bed using points. Why is that so? I have a big family and I don’t mind if they charge more point. I even asked if I they can guarantee two connecting room I was told there are no connecting rooms in either hotels. If I can’t use the points to take my family they are pretty much useless for me. I finally had to book a 1 bed suite at residence inn. I would really like if the hotels offer more room options using points and not limit us.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Why do the hotels limit choice of rooms using points?
    Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

Hmmm.  Have you been reserving online as well as over the phone?  Have you tried calling the manager of the places directly?  In the past when staying at  Residence Inns, I have called the managers on the phone and found that in some (not all) cases the rooms are available.

I agree that there should be a way to use points to get a larger room, or even connecting rooms.

'

Let us know what happens, and thanks.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

superchief1 Platinum

Some Residence Inn properties will still upgrade platinum members to a 2 BR, if available. I was able to confirm a 2BR upgrade for an upcoming trip in June. Others, such as the RI in Treasure Island say they are 'not allowed' to upgrade ever. It really depends on the GM. I agree that confirmed upgrade options with points should be offered. Good luck.

tjcnewyork Platinum

Traveler

Following up on Superchief and Stepping Stones, the point upgrade policy varies by property, for details, see Marriott's Room Upgrade Information

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...