5 Replies Latest reply: May 24, 2016 6:48 AM by laurac RSS

Spirit to Serve - West India Quay, London

tommo781 Silver 8 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

We are regular guests at West India Quay.

Unfortunately, Mr Tommo has had an ongoing medical issue for the last 12 months, which has involved a company delivering heavy boxes of vital medical supplies prior to our last two stays.  Each time this has been handled with the utmost sensitivity and consideration by Harold, the Head Concierge.  Mrs Tommo phoned prior to our visit this time to confirm the arrangements, and Harold immediately knew who she was, and assured her that everything would be dealt with properly, and not to worry at all.  He was right.  Everything to do with the supplies went like clockwork, which is extremely reassuring in Mr Tommo’s situation.

On our arrival at the hotel, we immediately encountered Sam, another concierge, who welcomed us back warmly as “hotel friends”.  Sam could not be more of a round peg in a round hole if he tried!  What an asset to the hotel he is.  Nothing is ever too much trouble, and his friendly smile and helpful attitude makes it a pleasure to deal with him. We subsequently saw Harold when he was on duty. He is also an absolute pleasure to deal with.  The concierge team is exemplary.

During the course of our stay we found that every single member of staff we encountered from check in through to check out was friendly, helpful, warm, and happy to have a few words however busy they were. In particular, Holly, Cinthia, and Ramona each recognised us as soon as they saw us in the Executive Lounge, and made us extremely welcome as returning guests.  It was our wedding anniversary during our stay, and Cinthia even arranged for a celebratory bottle of fizz and strawberries and cream to be delivered to our suite.  Knowing that we had medical limitations, it was wonderful that the three ladies regularly made sure we were Ok, but never treated us as invalids (which we are not).

So I would like to nominate Harold, Sam, Holly, Cinthia and Ramona for a Spirit to Serve award.  In our position, going away from home is somewhat of an organisational nightmare, but everyone at WIQ, and especially the five named members of staff, made our stay as relaxed and worry free as they possibly could.  We cannot speak highly enough of them.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
London, England, United Kingdom Marriott Hotels & Resorts London Marriott Hotel West India Quay
  • Re: Spirit to Serve - West India Quay, London
    AZDesertRat Platinum

Tommo781 A wonderful account and recognition for service far beyond "a bit of all right."  So glad you experienced it and let us know.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Thankyou AZDesertRat.  They really are wonderful.  I have already sent an email direct to the General Manager at the hotel, but wanted to nominate them for a Spirit to Serve too.

brightlybob Platinum 10 Reviews

Great to hear, I remember travelling with my father during the 1990's, he had a variety of medical problems and it was always a nightmare as we couldn't trust hotels to meet the appropriate arrangements we'd informed them, and frequently paid extra for! dealing with every guest means so much more than simply having a mobility room...

I didn't put too much detail on here, as no-one wants to hear about other peoples medical stuff, and to be honest I don't want to broadcast it anyway.  But I will just pm you, so you realise what a huge deal this is having such wonderful service.

laurac Marriott Associate

Greetings, Tommo781, thank you for sharing your experience. On behalf of Marriott associates around the world, we take pride in providing exceptional service for each and every guest and we appreciate you taking the time to nominate this team of Marriott associates for this important award. We’ll enter the nominations for consideration of the Spirit to Serve award.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...