11 Replies Latest reply: Jun 1, 2016 5:25 PM by muppetwrangler RSS

Old topics popping up on the welcome page

bejacob Platinum 38 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

I'm sure I'm not the only one who has noticed numerous old topic showing up in the recent content. Some go back 3 years of so.

In addition to asking carat deannad, lindseyh, and AndrewT what gives, I'd like to send out a friendly reminder to everyone to check the most recent activity on a post before responding. Answering someone's question from 6 months ago, let alone a year or two doesn't help much. While, occasionally it can make sense to revive a thread, just take a moment to look at the date before adding new comments.

Sometimes it's worth bring back a discussion. Other times it helps to remember that the discussion ended some time back and refreshing it doesn't serve any purpose.

As one of our favorite (favourite) old timers used to say, "Keep on keepin' on, Insiders."

You know who I mean. He still likes to

man.jpg

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Old topics popping up on the welcome page
    nationwide Platinum

bejacob I noticed this too.  While only posting for the first today, I have been reading your questions, answers and suggestions, and those from a few others, for quite some time.  Your advice is much appreciated, even from those of us who don't often reply.  I noticed a submission from Misterchk on the trending topics and was excited to read something new from someone I always enjoyed reading (even when I disagreed strongly)... but alas, the system seems to off kilter here.  You aren't alone, and thanks again for all the great advice.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

I almost xxxx in my pants when I saw GemPrincess show up on the big board.....wow that was a long time back wasn't it!!  Sure do miss some of those folks and yes Mr. "Stick IT TO THE MAN"!!!

nationwide it's good to have you out of the so called non-poster but lurker closet, welcome and I look forward to your insights and more.

It was a post by GemPrincess that alerted me as well.

nationwide Platinum

IAHFLYR, thanks for the brotherly kind welcome into the light!!!   I have greatly appreciated your insights too!  I will do my best to honor the traditions you and other distinguished MRI alumni have continued to demonstrate, and share my experiences with others as often as I can.  I do appreciate the kindness! 

deannad Community Manager Marriott Associate Member

Hi bejacob & other Insiders,

Sorry for the confusion! We're doing some spring cleaning in the back end. We're merging some spaces, as well as moving content out of old or unused groups, which is what's causing old content to appear on the recent content page.  Thanks for coming forward so we could investigate, and again, our apologies!

Bringing this back to the top of the list. With all the 3 and 4-year old posts showing up today, it's worth mentioning again. Just a friendly reminder to check the date of the last activity before you reply to a long-dead topic.

Message was edited by: bejacob

muppetwrangler Platinum 8 Reviews

Good advice about checking dates.  I thought a post that I was about to respond to said 'posted 3 hours ago' when it was actually 3 years ago.  Strange.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...