10 Replies Latest reply: May 26, 2016 11:13 PM by nmballoonist RSS

Airlines miles transfer to Marriott Rewards

loftus Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Hi everybody

I have some mile points from UA, AA and Delta, but those points have not enough to redeem onto the airlines and will be expired soon, so I want to transfer all of them to Marriott Rewards.  Is it possible?

Thank you.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Airlines miles transfer to Marriott Rewards
    vaboywnder Alumni Steward Platinum 21 Reviews

If you have United Premier Silver status or higher you can convert your United Miles to Marriott Points at a 1:1 ratio.

https://secure.unitedmileageplus.com/reg/rewards_plus/miles_to_points.html?lang=en

I do not know of a way to convert AA or Delta miles to Marriott Rewards Points.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

loftus Platinum

Thank you. But I don't have United Premier Silver status. So sad.

nmballoonist Platinum

Thanks for the info.  Did not realize you could do this and had about 12,000 miles expire a couple of months ago since, like you, I seldom fly United.  I did get a message that I can reinstate for $125 or about 100 points/dollar.  Going to do some figuring to see if its worth the money to reinstate and then transfer to my Rewards account.

Since its a 1:1 ratio it would not be worth paying the fee to reinstate your miles to transfer them to Marriott unless you were planning to purchase that many Marriott points anyway.  According to TPG United Miles are worth an estimated 1.5 cents each while Marriott points are worth an estimated 0.7 cents each.

United sometimes has one way award flights available for 12,500 miles.  If you are able to utilize one of those award flights then it maybe worth the fee to reinstate those miles.

nmballoonist Platinum

Thanks for the info. Have been on travel and hadn't had a chance to research.

mav Platinum

If you have the Chase Marriott Visa credit card you get automatic Silver status. If you don't have the card, apply for it, plus they have a VERY nice sign up bonus right now.

Unfortunately that will not help loftus with the airline miles.  You have to have United Premier Silver Status or higher.  The credit card would only give the holder Silver Status with Marriott.  However Marriott Reward Members who are Platinum are eligible to receive United Premier Silver Status as a perk.

loftus Platinum

I cannot apply the card and I want to but I am Hong Kong.

loftus,

I forgot to mention that your Delta miles will be ok as Delta miles do not expire.  You could always try donating a small amount of your miles to keep your United and American miles from expiring.

http://thepointsguy.com/2015/08/prevent-your-miles-from-expiring/

loftus Platinum

Thank you.  Donating is a good method to keep my miles.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...