9 Replies Latest reply: May 25, 2016 5:41 PM by iahflyr RSS

Trivial complaint: HANDS OFF MY TOAST!!!

john_thai Platinum 8 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

One of my pet peeves hit twice this morning. Eating breakfast in the lounge. Put 2 slices of bread in the toaster. Have to run them through twice to get them actually toasted. So I run them through a second time. Go back a minute later just in time to see a lady take both slices. I looked in the toaster to make sure I wasn't mistaken. I wasn't. I asked her why she took that toast and she just shrugged and walked away. Put 2 more slices in. Stood guard. Put them in a second time. Stood guard. Toast slid out the bottom and another lady said "Excuse me" and tried to reach past me to grab them. She almost got a fork in her hand.

I know, I know. Not the most important complaint in the world. But it irritates me.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Trivial complaint: HANDS OFF MY TOAST!!!
    painedplatinum Platinum 2 Reviews

LOL

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

brightlybob Platinum 10 Reviews

HaHa! Mind you, it's quite surprising. I'm a big toast fan, and mostly go and collect butter or an egg while the machine is doing its thing, returning to collect my toast. In 10 years as a Marriott regular I've never had my toast nicked. That's 400 butt-in-bed nights, toasting probably 800 rounds, maybe 40 loaves toasted at Marriotts, and you get 2 such crows in one visit! Were you wearing a black jacket and red striped tie, or chefs whites?

tommo781 Gold 8 Reviews

I am about to show my age!  I hate those b***dy toasters with a vengeance.  They either don't have enough heat, or too much.  And I hate standing in a queue because everyone has to put the bread slices through twice to get something resembling toast.

Whatever happened to toast being brought to your table?  That's the civilised way to do it. "Grumpy Old Man Smiley".

fistuk Platinum

Here are a few suggestions for you, :

1. Tag your toasts, i.e. #Johns_Toast or just #Johns; this way no confusion is possible.

2. Have your intimidating dog watch your toasts for you.

3. Tie your toasts to the toaster with a chain & lock, so no one will be able to release it but you.

4. Enhance the previous suggestion: add an alarm system to your toasts; Once someone's trying to steal them the alarm sounds or even electrocuting the thief (if you like to invest some more into it...).

5. Once a lady steals your toasts scream like mad; People will realize she did something terrible to you and help you.

6. Last but not least (and probably the best one so far): Write a letter to Marriott's CEO, Arne Sorenson, and express your deep disappointed from the service provided by the toaster; He's likely to compensate you by mailing you some new fresh toasts with an apology letter attached.

Hope that helps 

ramoneur Platinum

hah!

this would have happened in China, right?

:-P

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

What you should have done was waited until toast thief got your toast all done with whatever one puts on toast and walk over to this person (definitely not a lady after doing that) and snatch them right from under their eye, plate and all!!!  

ks77 Gold 23 Reviews

I would have asked in a firm tone, "did you put those slices in there?" And wait for a response. That way they can't walk away, they have to answer you. Then once they say no or bumble trying to come up with an answer you say "I know you didn't, those are mine".

mustanggt Platinum

Oh for crust sakes!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...