12 Replies Latest reply: Oct 20, 2011 6:58 AM by pingreeman RSS

What we want......

pltnmprincess Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

I have seen a lot of great ideas scattered throughout the insiders forums recently that would be great if Marriott implemented.  I am thinking that if we consolidate them all in one place that they might gain greater visibility with TPTB. 

Some of the suggestions I've seen that I think are great:

-  joint MR rewards accounts for spouses

-  exchange points for restaurant gift cards

-  search for hotels with concierge lounges

-  rewards nights to count toward lifetime status

(Sorry for not remembering who the originators of these ideas are).

What else would you add to the list?

Note:  please keep this discussion positive.....Wink

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: What we want......
    superchief1 Platinum

This is a great idea. My additions are:

-Elite upgrade policy for award travel is the same as for paid rooms

-Elites receive confirmed upgrade certificate each year (1 for silver, 2 for gold, 3 for platinum)

-Marriott enforces a consistent upgrade policy, so some hotels can't have 'never upgrade even if available' policy

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

zukracer Alumni Steward Platinum 4 Reviews

I think Superchief nailed my primary ones.  I'll add, this to the list from memory of other posts:

- free internet to premium members (silver/gold/plat/pp)

- free in room movie credit (equal to one new release movie)

- delivery service for local food places for top tier members (you konw you'd rather just have it show up than track it down some nights :) ) provided by the hotel if no hotel food est. is available

- ability to convert points to hotel services (spa, tours, etc) clearly called out/available

- dedicated parking for premium members near the front door.  A few hotels have this, its absolutely great to know you have a proper place to park that does not require the 400' dash.

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

Some ideas and things for the members who've reached Platinum Elite status would be nice, and this would raise the bar for the highest tier of loyal customers, making Platinum membership truly exceptional :

1. Platinum Elite Member-carried key cards for room access (one hotel in San Jose does this on its own).   We could have our own smart cards activated by RFID (yes, I know these can be cloned) that we carry and never have to find a hotel key card.
    2. Free in-room amenities such as a dedicated business traveler package:  include standard printer, fax combo machine, higher Internet speeds, and a small supply of paper and other office needs.  Cost would be minimal for the other Gold and Silver elite levels.
    3. More personalized options:  As part of the member profile allow us to request new things like slippers, light blocking eye shades, and toiletries that are above and beyond the standard fare.
    4. Discontinuance of the Platinum Arrival Gift option other than Marriott Rewards points (does anyone not take the points?) in favor of some compensation like free parking, free Internet, discounted meals in the hotel restaurant, etc. for each stay.
    5. At larger full-service hotels, designation of one person in management who is in charge of Platinum Guest Satisfaction.  This can be easily done at larger locations, since the front office is larger.
    6. For all Platinum travelers, create a 911-style hot-line for immediate assistance on the road or during a stay.
    7. Dedicated check-out for Platinum members that goes beyond the current system of call, leave the key in the room, etc.  If we carried the card mentioned in number one above we'd be automatically checked out (and hopefully billed correctly) in a flash
    8. At the biggest hotels create a separate Concierge Lounge for Platinum members, and no one else except a limited number of guests.  I've posted before that the concept of the Lounge, while exemplary, has morphed over the years and it's no longer the quiet oasis that it once was.
    9. Compensate Platinum members, after their 5th annual stay, at 75% bonus level.
    10. Create hotel-specific rewards, giving the most loyal and frequent guests more options and rewards for their dedication to one property.

superchief1 Platinum

I may be in the minority, but I usually take the platinum gift at the full service hotels. I enjoy the wine (especially at hotel prices) and fruit. I would be greatly disappointed if they eliminated this option.

tjcnewyork Platinum

Agreed on Elite Self-Parking: At Limited Service brands, Elite parking hang-tags for designated spots is a plus.  If a guest is staying for an extended period, having a designated parking area is not only a convenience, it's recognized as a distinction.  At Full-Service hotels, complementary Elite parking and/or discount Elite Valet parking.

tjcnewyork Platinum

Guest Arrival:  Increase the options with the Arrival Gift.  Raise the arrival points to reflect Elite status, don't take this option away.  In addition to the food and beverages currently offered, perhaps an Arrival Gift Voucher that can be redeemed for an appetizer or beverage of choice at a local restaurant.

tjcnewyork Platinum

Broader integration of cultural influence, regional tradition and fusion reflected not only in the architecture, furnishings and decor, but integrated throughout the guest experience in meaningful ways. One size doesn't fit all, give individual properties the latitude to innovate.  In Hawaii, the tradition Lei is a sign of welcome.  In some areas it might be cookies, others brownies, apples, oranges, pears - whatever!  At a Fairfield Inn in Portsmouth, I remember being surprised by a welcome gift bag of goodies in addition to points.

tjcnewyork Platinum

Note:  please keep this discussion positive.....

engineergirl Platinum 1 Reviews

My 'wish' list:

-consistent upgrade policy--would rather know one way or the other than to feel like it depends on who I talk to

-Platinum toiletry options (maybe a little basket with lotion and a sleep mask upon check in).  Can you tell I really miss the lotion? :-)

-Free INTERNET IN THE ROOM!!!!

pingreeman Platinum 1 Reviews

SuperChief - I 100% agree with your three bullets.

-Elite upgrade policy for award travel is the same as for paid rooms (to me, this would be the BIG ONE to enact as I really want the best for my family when we use points to vacation)

-Elites receive confirmed upgrade certificate each year (1 for silver, 2 for gold, 3 for platinum) (enhances and guarantees the first bullet)

-Marriott enforces a consistent upgrade policy, so some hotels can't have 'never upgrade even if available' policy (would make "surfing" for the right hotel and vacation a LOT easier)

painedplatinum Platinum 2 Reviews

What caused this thread to come to the top? I don't notice any activity here for over a year.

pingreeman Platinum 1 Reviews

painedplatinum - I noticed this yesterday and it appears this was happening to ONLY your account. For whatever reason, it appears to have stopped today.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...