There were many favorite parts of our trip to Japan (which many I posted on Insiders) including these top 10 not in any particular order:
1. Seeing Mt Fuji up close on a sunny day (at the fifth station) as well as clear views from our room and executive Lounge on only one day. This is very unusual as it is usually cloudy and/or hazy with minimal views.
2. Visiting Nara and Nikko - World Heritage Sights
3. Staying at the Ritz Carlton in Kyoto and being upgraded to a beautiful top floor large suite with our own personal garden overlooking the river and great view of Kyoto (Using Marriott Points)
4. Seeing the wonderful sights in Arashiyama/Sagano
5. Eating Great Food in both Tokyo and Kyoto
6. Riding First Class (Green Car) on the Bullet Train round trip between Tokyo and Kyoto
7. Visiting the Famous Fish Market in Tokyo (Tsukiji Fish Market)
8. Visiting the Major Temples and Gardens in Tokyo and Kyoto
9. Rare sightings of Geisha in the Gion District of Kyoto
10.Flying on Etihad Airlines First Class to Japan and return
We were very lucky and fortunate to have great weather during our trip to Japan even though it had rained heavily in Japan days prior to our arrival!