76 Replies Latest reply: Sep 30, 2016 4:33 PM by Bundad9 RSS

2016 Global Promotion

craig2006 Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Just received this promotion and was wondering if there are any others out there:

Earn up to 12,000 bonus points — and get a chance to win our summer sweepstakes.

See Details

Earn with your exclusive member offer — and as a Marriott Rewards® Credit Cardmember, receive a 20% bonus. It’s easy:

• Register by September 5, 2016
  • Stay at participating properties between May 24 and September 5, 2016
  • Earn 2,000 bonus points on every paid stay*, starting with your second stay, up to 10,000 bonus points
  • Receive 2,000 points(a 20% bonus) after your 6th stay, exclusively for you as a valued Marriott Rewards credit cardmember

Enter our sweeps when you register, and again with every night you stay: 100 members will win 100,000 points – for a total of 10 million points.

* A “stay” is defined as consecutive nights spent at the same hotel, regardless of check-in/checkout activity. See Terms & Conditions for more details.

**See Official Sweepstakes Rules, including how to earn additional entries without completing a stay.

Members get it: Sweeps, bonus points and member rates. This is your summer for sweet rewards.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: 2016 Global Promotion
    bejacob Platinum 38 Reviews

Got the same thing.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

droma Platinum

Also received this promotion.  Some may be upset that it's not a big promotion, but I think it's a nice way to bridge the Spring and Fall Mega Bonus and give us a little extra.

ljvfiji Platinum

Yes, l got it. I am up to 8,000 points:)

muppetwrangler Platinum 8 Reviews

I received this also. 

tommo781 Gold 8 Reviews

I got it too.

rlswider Platinum 7 Reviews

Me Too --- I think its a nice little summer bonus --didn't expect one this year

stelzer001 Platinum 2 Reviews

I didn't get it, booooooooooooooo. Life Plat, almost 50 nites so far in 2016, Marriott CC member, so not sure what gives 

muppetwrangler Platinum 8 Reviews

stelzer001, did you check in your account under promotions?  That's where I saw mine.

Muppetwrangler: yes, thanks, I did and no, its not there. I guess I am not important or worthy enough for Marriott to send me this or include me in it. To quote the old Wayne's World "I'm not worthy" (sorry, paraphrased). I am just disappointed that loyalty seems to mean little to Marriott and no matter how much business I give them I don't seem to get many of the offers others get. So I guess I will switch my rez for tomorrow to Hyatt and keep doing that until Marriott starts to target me, since I am too good to them by sending so much business to their properties.

boldie24 Platinum 1 Reviews

Pick up the phone and talk with them.

mojo1992 Platinum

Sign up for auto promotions...then you don't have to worry about missing out :-)

monisame Platinum

How do you that.!!! Is there a link. Thanks in advance

kklems Platinum

I didn't have it but my wife did.  Quick call to CS and they enrolled me.  These promotions are perfect. Nice bonus for just  a couple of stays to help get that much closer to LT Plat.  It wouldn't hurt to win the MR points either

7 Gold 1 Reviews

I got the same. I assume that since I was targeted with both that this won't conflict with the Double Elite Night Credit promo?

Platinum

Got it. Was just about to start booking Hilton's since they are double points all summer. Considering they are tying this bonus to "stays" I think I'll alternate between MR and HH to get a bit of each. Was surprised to see any summer offer, so Marriott kinda got the memo, but this is still a pretty weak bonus.

nacho Platinum 2 Reviews

Weak bonus - I was booking for our trip to DC area late June, think about doing some paid stays with Marriott because I was very happy with the Cat 5 certs (I know a lot of you hate it but it really comes in handy - Sunday to Thursday nights in DC area my cert worth $249 + tax ). So I booked some paid stays in case the certs are back - oops, no.

Then I got the IHG promo - stays once in June nets me 11k IHG points, that's sound bad but then they have point breaks where an award night only costs 5k points, so that's 2 nights. 2 nights with IHG will get me 30k points, which I think I'll go for it instead of the 2k bonus points with Marriott.

DannyGoh Platinum 1 Reviews

I got one without the 2000 points (20% bonus) as I am outside USA.

Since I am from Singapore, does this mean the Sweepstakes does not apply to me?

This seems to be so based on T&Cs of Sweepstakes.

Any thoughts?

monisame Platinum

As far as I can read. Sweepstakes does not apply for non us residents. I am outside Usa too so we will only get points.

brightlybob Platinum 10 Reviews

Actually, this promo includes not only the USA, but also Canada (exc Quebec) and, deep joy.. . the U.K!

It seems I'm no longer a Whiney Brit

monisame Platinum

I am outside Usa, Canda ank Uk. Cleary I am on the  outside.

Oh, you'll always be a whiney Brit here on MRI, brightlybob and I mean that in the nicest possible way imaginable.

mustanggt Platinum

Got the same one.

Considering that there was no bonus at all last summer, I'm pleased to see one this year. It may be relatively small compared to the Spring and Fall offers, but it does give an opportunity for most of us to add a few points to our accounts.

Looks like to earn 2,000 points, all that's needed is two stays (not nights). I suspect most of us will manage that. Some will certainly earn all 12,000 possible though it appears the last 2,000 points are only available to credit card holders. It  will only take 6 stays to max this one out. While I don't plan on changing any of my multi-night stays, in theory one could make 6 1-night stays and collect 12k bonus points (assuming you have the CC). That's not too bad.

I'll have to check my account, but without adding any new travels, I should hit at least 6,000 points. Might need to book a couple more stays. Maybe.

Platinum

you're right that it certainly beats no summer bonus - but again, look what all of the other brands are offering. If we just keep comparing to last year when they had nothing, we can all be happier, that's true, but if I bounce back and forth during a 2 week stay, I get double HH plus turn my 2 week stay into 2 stays. My gain, Marriott's loss...

Yes, bejacob my offer is 2,000 per stay after second stay to a maximum of 10,000 bonus points, so I've not got that final 2k on offer, probably because I don't carry the US credit card. My currently planned stays will max out the offer, just.

But heres a sickener, during the 10 night period between the end of this promo (5th September) and the likely beginning of the Autumn megabonus (15th September) I have 5 paid nights over 4 paid stays What a gap to fall into

It happens. Never fun when it does.

So far this year, the only days were weren't in bonus mode were Jan 16-31 and May 16-23. And there will be the Sept 5-14 gap you mentioned (assuming the Fall MegaBonus starts on time on 15 Sept). I guess we can't complain too much.

Those night will still count toward your double nights offer, right?

Don't be so bloomin' reasonable bejacob!

Never fun? Never fun?? Well, actually, ever since Marriott introduced the summer promo's a few years back I've felt it weird that Marriott Rewards then seemed to be on near constant promo mode... Indeed, by the looks of it there will only have been 32 nights this year when Marriott rewards has not been on a promo, and for us internationals that narrows down to only 22!

Not complaining, mind - well, actually I was, but...

Platinum

brightlybob -  I wanna see the math on your # of nights you think Marriott has been running promos - something doesn't add up, but I could just be dense

2015 fall megabonus ended 15th January and the 2016 Spring megabonus commenced 1st Feb, so 15 non-promo days there. There was also no bonus between 16th to 23rd May so that's another 7 non-bonus earning nights making 22, and since international members are now on Double nights promo till the end of the year that means there's only 22 nights that there's been no promos in 2016!

razorbackfan Alumni Steward Platinum 23 Reviews

I like this offer. I will earn 14,000 points (maximum) in 11 days!

14K?

I thought the maximum was 12k (10k from stays 2 thru 6, plus and extra 2k for the 6th stay if you have the CC). Do you have a different offer?

Of course, we all get entered into the 100k sweepstakes too. Wouldn't it be nice to be one of the 100 winners of those points?

razorbackfan Alumni Steward Platinum 23 Reviews

Wishful thinking, I guess. I forgot the bonus started after the 1st stay. 

alreadyinuse Gold

I did not receive it and it was not in my list of promotions.  However, I clicked your "See Details" link and I am now registered.

I have a couple of stays with Marriott but I am also taking advantage of the SPG promotion for this summer.  Earn two miles in addition to Starwood points for every dollar spent at their properties.

jamesdean Platinum 1 Reviews

Great New Promo, I managed to max out on 20,000 win #1, win #2 win #3 on the previous one!!

Im racking up points this year like no tomorrow, now all I gotta do is figure out how to use them (419,000)...another "first world problem"...Lol

Thank you MR

JD

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

Interesting, I clicked on the "See Details" that craig2006 posted and I am not eligible.  Hmmmmm wonder why?

So who is this directed to carat, lindseyh, KatieC, AndrewT and melissaerb?

klbe Gold

It gives me an error message when I click the 'see details' and under my promotion tab when I login there are no new promotions. What gives?

edit: I saw that some of the other discussions with the same promotion in subject talks about an error in the system. Maybe we just have to be a little more patient Until they get it fixed :-)

alreadyinuse Gold

I get error messages for everything and am happy this worked for me.  Posting this message from Internet Edge because Chrome will not let me login.  Like most things Marriott if you call and talk to a CSR they will happily take care of you.

Bundad9 Platinum

I got the same error too, then I called the CC. I'm now registered for the promo.

alreadyinuse Gold

Mr. Flyr you are not a team player.  You must use a Marriott promotional mouse to be eligible with a click.

I had to wait for overnight, when the hamster who runs on the wheel that turns the IT on comes on duty. Once the hamster got on the wheel I got enrolled, due to help by Carat 

Platinum

stelzer001  - I think they need to put more caffeine in the hamster's water bottle as well...

702rugbyref Platinum

Entered and expect to complete by middle of July with a trip to China a few to Cali, this is pretty easy promo.

interface7 Platinum

I didn't receive this promotion. I'm a Gold Elite with 59 nights so far this year. What gives????

interface7 Platinum

I called into the Elite Desk and she was able to register me there. She also said there has been some troubles with the links for some folks on Marriott.com and she said she'd pass along a note about this again.

Platinum

I think Marriott.com is being run on a dusty 386 in someone's basement - none of their automation seems to work without a bit of banging on the side of the computer. Come on IT - fix this stupid stuff - it's really not that hard and you are affecting your most loyal customers!!

renaissanceman1944 Platinum

I received the 2016 Global Promotion earlier this week and registered right away.  Looking forward to maxing out on the promo as most of my stays are just 1 or 2 nights each week so the stays as well as the nights accumulate quickly.  I am happy to see that Marriott has this summer promo going and giving us an opportunity to grow our point balance.

nationwide Platinum

I received the same offer and was excited to have an opportunity to earn a few extra points this summer.  After no bonus offer in 2015, I thought the summer bonus might be a thing of the past.  I am sure I will add a stay or two to max this one out. 

jerryl Platinum 2 Reviews

I also look at it as all pluses . First there was no summer bonus last year. Second you don't need to stay 20-25 nights to earn something . I have three stays booked so far so will enjoy the   extra 4K points

phctourist Platinum 20 Reviews

I believe that the current surge in building new hotels will create a surplus of rooms within one to three years.  when that happens, there will be more bargains of all sorts in the hotel industry and we will see lower inflation in room rates and more bargains offered by Marriott and its competitors.  Thus we should see more and better promotions next year or in 2018.

(Of course, when you read this prediction, keep in mind that in 1956 I predicted that Elvis' popularity would not last.  I did , however, predict, in 1954, that Rock and  Roll was not just a fad.  so, I can be right or wrong!)

navysafe Platinum 1 Reviews

So you have to stay at the same hotel for 2 nights to get the bonus??  Doing alot of travel this summer, but only staying one night at each hotel.  That wont count??

navysafe Platinum 1 Reviews

So in order to get the points you have to stay at the same hotel for 2 nights?  Doing a lot of travel this summer, but hopping from town to town.  Of course, always staying at a Marriott...but that wont count??

No. A stay can be one night. You just won't get points for the first stay. After that, it's 2000 points per stay (for stays 2-6). A stay is one or more consecutive nights at the same hotel.

zunilily46 Platinum

Didn't get the offer either...

AndrewT Community Manager Marriott Associate Member

Hi there,

Just sent you a direct message regarding this matter. I'll happily assist you from there.

Thanks!

jbritt51 Platinum 1 Reviews

Same.

morex4 Platinum

We called about not getting the 2016 Global Promo email and they told us sorry it had to be online. Then I went into promotion central and saw the sweepstakes. Went in to sign up and voila . . . it signed us up for the Global Promo without the email. Surprises are good

dulac89 Gold

Hi, I did not receive this promotion. I am a Gold Elite and have a Marriott Rewards credit card.  I watch promotions central closely and this one never showed up.  How do I get registered, and how do I make sure I receive all promotions?  Had I seen this promotion, I would already be earning bonuses and would be earning more.  Thanks!

YogiB Platinum

Weird, I have a Marriott visa card, but I wasn't offered the last point: "Receive 2,000 points(a 20% bonus) after your 6th stay, exclusively for you as a valued Marriott Rewards credit card member".

Also, Quebec residents can again not participate in sweepstakes. Laziness from the corporate headquarters thinking that they have to conform to the impossible provincial lottery laws. What their lawyers didn't read is that it doesn't apply to prizes worth 100$ or less, and 10 000 points is almost 100$.

702rugbyref Platinum

I concluded this promotion in 2 weeks with the 2000pt bonus

tommy123 Platinum

got the same promotion, but looking forward to have the fall mega bonus programs tho

mrbmbrown Platinum

Got the same promotion, first time in many years that I have seen one based on stays not nights. This is interesting. A very low earning potential.

nacho Platinum 2 Reviews

It's lame compared to HH and IHG promo. My IHG promo gets me at least 35k points by making 2 stays - I know IHG points have lower value but even then it's still better than MR's promo. I almost made my 5 stays (because I got a lot of LNFs that made paid stays better than point stays).

mrbmbrown Platinum

Completely agree, my promo at IHG was 55K points and my Hyatt promo was 75K (and they are worth - by most estimates - at least 2x MR points). This was a weak promo and MR seems to be testing the waters about more benefits to take away. A decade ago Plats used to get quarterly free weekend night certs (now gone), we also used to have promos quarterly (now down to 2-3 a year). My personal opinion is that the glut of credit card points has created a supply problem... that is lowering the value of all Frequent Guest programs across the board.

nacho Platinum 2 Reviews

At least you can get a credit card, think about us who live in Scandinavia where there are a few Marriotts around. It's hard for us to get status and we have to work hard on getting them - fortunately the double elite nights promo helped a bit.

My IHG promo was like 55k +20k if I completed all the quests but it will requires at least another 2x 2 nights stays which I don't think it's worth the hassle (in my country of residence there is no IHG hotel).

mrbmbrown Platinum

Wow, that is a bummer....

mojo1992 Platinum

in your account settings

zentraveler Platinum

A - Registered for the 2016 Global Promotion when it was announced.

B - Just completed my third stay for the promotion (MR points have not yet posted).

C - Received 2,000 points from the promotion prior to the third stay.

Today I checked my MR Account and find the promotion is gone from my MR account!?!

I tried Registering again.

I got this message....

"Unfortunately, we cannot register you for this promotion, but if you call our Guest Services number, we would be happy to answer any question you have. Call 800-450-4442 In the United States and Canada, or one of our worldwide numbers."

I WAS ALREADY REGISTERED FOR THE PROMOTION.

Anybody else seen this problem?

seatexan Platinum

zentraveler

Yes it says the same for me, but I am registered.  Click on the title: 2016 Global Promotion

It will go to another page and tell you that you are registered.

zentraveler Platinum

So...

I called the MR Guest Services phone number.

I was told the Promotions are active in my MR account.

I am active in two Promotions.

The web site (www.marriott.com) is experiencing glitches.

The web site is not correctly displaying active Promotions.

It sounded like the Guest Services fellow (friendly) was reading through a list of problems with the web site.

seatexan Platinum

The website is being so weird today.  I logged into my mom's acct to make sure she was signed up for promotions (she isn't great about checking).  It had all of her info there but MY activity!  It was crazy! So I called her and asked her to log in and check her acct.  It was ok on her end but my end was glitchy.   

psreloaded Platinum

So i completed 5 stays with my 6th stay is still continuing. Given I started this stay before September 5th. Will I get the points and miles for this?