5 Replies Latest reply: Dec 26, 2016 12:40 PM by beauvallonboy RSS

Any Insiders @ Lake Tahoe right now?

rinny54 Platinum 1 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Just wondering if any Insiders are at Marriott's Timber Lodge or Grand Residence Club @ Lake Tahoe right now?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Marriott Vacation Club
  • Re: Any Insiders @ Lake Tahoe right now?
    rewired&happy Platinum

Well, I'm reading this on June 18th... Yes, I am at Timber Lodge!  It is a beautiful Marriott Vacation club resort. It is situated right next to the Heavenly Gondola, with lots of shops, restaurants and live music. There is also Marriot Grand Residence 1 and 2.  I asked to see those rooms, but I like Timber Lodge rooms better.  They are much larger and have washer/dryer in your room, in addition to the full kitchen.  Hope this helps.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

rinny54 Platinum 1 Reviews

Thanks!

beauvallonboy Platinum

A day late & a dollar shy...but what was the purpose of being at the "Marriott's Timber Lodge or Grand Residence Club @ Lake Tahoe right now?"

I have stayed at both & are quite nice, however you will get more privacy at Grand Residence Club in my opinion because its lobby isn't connected to the Fire & Ice restaurant but still nice location.  We are actually heading to Ritz Carlton on the 28th to see how that place is again more privacy because it is on the mountain at North Star.

Has anyone else stayed there & recommendations?

Thank you in advance!

Beauvallon

keplertracker Platinum

I've never stayed at that RC but I've heard it it very very nice.   Think refined Napa luxury.   I just returned from Timber Lodge last week and the snow conditions at Heavenly were better than expected - good coverage and more than 60% of the runs open.   I drove back during the storm and they got another 10" yesterday. 

And the Fire and Ice place is overrated IMO.  It smells of beer and burned soy sauce.   There are much better places to eat in the village.   If you have a car, go to Chart House - just 9 minutes away for a great dinner that has stunning views of the lake.

beauvallonboy Platinum

LOL....Agreed, Fire & Ice is definitely nothing special!   Property is quite nice and great location!  Let it snow up in Tahoe especially at North Star!  Merry Christmas, Happy holidays & a great New Year!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...