1 Reply Latest reply: May 20, 2016 4:01 PM by AndrewT RSS

So much for Platinum Elite and Customer Service!!!

onestarnot5 Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Not that I think it will really matter but, I have decided to share my absolute disgust with you about my recent experience with Marriott.  On Sunday the 5/19/16 I called the Marriott reservation line in an attempt to get two rooms while using my 259,000 Marriott points.  I was told that I could only get one room on points at this particular location but, if I wanted to pay for another room I would be allowed too (so much for Marriott elite).  I made one reservation for one night at one hotel and a two night reservation on points at another hotel (30 miles away), both using my points.  I was told to continue calling to see if a cancelation had come through so that I could get two rooms at the same hotel.  I called back Monday, Tuesday, and finally Wednesday I was told that I would be able to have two rooms at the same hotel while using my points. (Before this I spoke with many non-English speaking reservation agents).  After I thought my reservation was made for two rooms Wednesday afternoon I praised the Marriott agent and asked if I could fill out a survey.  I was transferred to the automated survey line and gave a great review that I would now like to retract.  I had no idea that the agent had completely messed everything up. I ended up with the same conformation number for both rooms and I did not catch the mishap on her part. Today my 16 year old son and three of his friends were stranded over two hours away with no place to stay.  I made multiple phone calls to Marriott’s call centers 18002282100, 18005354028 and was privy to more hold time than anything.  Not one time did I ever use a foul word to any of your associates and if truly recorded you will hear my frustration.  At one point I was put on hold to speak to a manager named Mr. Hampton.  My hold time for him was over 30 minutes and finally they just hung the phone up since I wouldn’t hang up first.  I took a screen shot of my phone with your 18005354028 number and a time below of 40:35.  I waited that long simply because my son is important to me!! I called back multiple times attempting to speak to Mr. Hampton and ended up with hold times around 20 minutes, of which I took more screen shots that I would love to send to you.  As a former diamond member with Hilton, I was never treated this way!!  I was finally given MR. MARRIOTTS number and hoped this issue would be resolved.  The associate was friendly but in the end said that there was nothing she could do.  When I asked if Marriott would accept any blame for the situation I was told no.  I have stayed in Marriott hotels at least 40 nights so far this year and this is how I am treated.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: So much for Platinum Elite and Customer Service!!!
    AndrewT Community Manager Marriott Associate Member
    Currently Being Moderated

So sorry to hear about this frustrating experience. Due to the fact that this matter has already been escalated to the highest level possible, we are not able to provide further assistance, but we truly appreciate you sharing this with us.

Thank you

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...