1 2 3 7 Previous Next 100 Replies Latest reply: Mar 13, 2017 3:07 PM by carat RSS

4 pm check out guarantee for gold and platinum members

monisame Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

I

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Medford, New York, USA Fairfield Inn By Marriott Fairfield Inn Medford Long Island
  • 1. Re: 4 pm check out guarantee for gold and platinum members
    bluemathgirl Platinum

In the last email it says it is guaranteed until 4 PM, so I'm not sure if you can always get it until 4. However, I think you can say you are guaranteed a late check out of some time.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• 2. Re: 4 pm check out guarantee for gold and platinum members
    monisame Platinum

On the movil app you have option now to require a late check out. This is new. Up to me is clear that you can request this benefit as late at 4 pm.  If you get it or not we will know. Let s try and see what we get.

• 3. Re: 4 pm check out guarantee for gold and platinum members
    rewired&happy Platinum

According to: Marriott Rewards Member Benefits Gold and Platinum Members are "Guaranteed Late Checkout" up to 4pm. But Silver Elite members have "Priority Late Checkout", which is really no guarantee, just a promise that IF they have enough available rooms to house the new incoming travelers, they will allow you to checkout late ...First, they  fulfill the GUARANTEEDl Gold and Platinum members late checkout requests, and then, if they still have rooms for the new incoming travelers, then they will fulfill the late checkout for Silvers...   In another words, Gold and Platinum are guaranteed, and Silver members are lower in the late checkout hierarchy!

• 4. Re: 4 pm check out guarantee for gold and platinum members
    Kingfish45 Gold

So far, I have not found a hotel that had any idea what I was talking about. However, I have not needed it or pushed the issue. Last week, I got a 1 P M check out and they acted like it was a big deal.

• 5. Re: 4 pm check out guarantee for gold and platinum members
    Platinum

Howabout just dropping this whole policy until they can figure out if it's even a policy? As I see it, those who stay at certain locations alot, have always had some leeway allowed regarding check-in and check-out times. People who stay a few times a year sometimes ask, but rarely get a checkout beyond 1pm (anecdotal evidence to be sure). In other words, NOT having this policy produces NEARLY the same results as having it, BUT, there's MUCH LESS potential to upset elite and other valued guests since nothing is being promised yet not delivered. Are the natives getting restless? Just look at wesleywc comments above. I believe his last tirade may have resulted in the return of Chicken Fries to Burger King (tm). but don't quote me on this.

• 6. Re: 4 pm check out guarantee for gold and platinum members
    Jsucool76 Gold

I do enjoy me some chicken fries.

At least burger King gives you the container that holds the dipping sauce. It doesn't say "you can ask for the container, and we'll do our best to get you one, but we might not. If we can't get it for you I'll just throw your chicken fries on the ground, and you can peck at them. Like a chicken."

Wait? what

• 7. Re: 4 pm check out guarantee for gold and platinum members
    ks77 Gold 23 Reviews

I have always received the same reaction. Like the hotel would stop operating if I left a couple hours later.

• 8. Re: 4 pm check out guarantee for gold and platinum members
    carat Community Manager Marriott Associate Silver

Hi Insiders!  You've all touched on different points of this member benefit, so we've gathered them up and created one post.  Reach out if you have any questions.   

Guaranteed Late checkout for Gold and Platinum Elite Members 

• Member can request a guaranteed late check-out, as late as 4:00 PM hotel time*
    • Member can request late check-out:
      • At time of booking
      • On the Marriott Mobile app during check-in process
      • At the front desk at check-in or anytime during the stay
    • Guaranteed late check-out is valid for the member’s room only

Guaranteed Late Check-out is available at all participating hotels including The Ritz-Carlton and is not available at Marriott Vacation Club.

*Late check-out is offered based on availability at Resort and Convention hotels.

• 9. Re: 4 pm check out guarantee for gold and platinum members
    pluto77 Alumni Steward Platinum 25 Reviews

Thanks carat for the clarification.  I have to say that since the implementation of this benefit, upon check-in, I have been offered a late check-out 100% of the time (6 properties), both in the U.S. and in Europe, including when doing mobile check-in.  Pretty nice!

This past weekend, on the last morning, I asked the front desk if we could possibly check out late, at noon.  She said of course, especially since noon is our check-out time!  We laughed.  Then she said I could check-out at 4pm, I said, no, noon is fine, and then she said, well, I'm putting you down for 2:30pm just in case, and handed me new cards.  It was like she insisted.   Great service, and with a smile!

Now, if only I will be able to score an early check-in in a few weeks (will also check-out early, so not to milk it), when I'll be arriving at a destination on a red-eye at 6am!  Boy, that too would be a perfect world.

• 10. Re: 4 pm check out guarantee for gold and platinum members
    vickisocal Platinum

What is the recommended course of action when the front desk is not familiar with the benefit and denies it?

• 11. Re: 4 pm check out guarantee for gold and platinum members
    Platinum

The answer is an emphatic "NO" - that's why they word it "as late as 4:00pm" which could actually mean NO LATE CHECKOUT at all - i.e. 12pm or whatever the normal checkout time is. I'll say it again - this is a non-policy, and has the potential to continue to alienate not only old time elites, but new ones as well. Epic Fail Marriott!

• 12. Re: 4 pm check out guarantee for gold and platinum members
    deannad Community Manager Marriott Associate Member

Hi vickisocal,

This is a benefit that is guaranteed. Individual hotels should be responsible for contacting a guest during their stay or after departure if they did not satisfy the guest’s needs. For hotels that are not familiar with the benefit, please let us know on this forum so we can connect with the hotel.

This benefit is guaranteed at all Marriott Rewards participating hotels, except at resort and convention hotels where it is based on availability. Marriott Vacation Club is excluded from this benefit.

• 13. Re: 4 pm check out guarantee for gold and platinum members
    Platinum

deannad   - Ritz Carlton Battery Park (in NYC just in case that's not obvious) said that "they do not participate in all aspects of Marriott Rewards" and flatly denied my request for 4pm checkout. Message me if you want dates and my MR #

• 14. Re: 4 pm check out guarantee for gold and platinum members
    deannad Community Manager Marriott Associate Member

Just sent you a message dansplan!

1 2 3 7 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...