32 Replies Latest reply: Oct 4, 2016 4:22 PM by AZDesertRat RSS

How long for 15 elite night  credits?

ppezzano Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

I signed up for the Marriott Rewards Visa about 2 months ago (end of March) but haven't yet gotten the 15 elite night credits.  I have gotten the 80K signup bonus and the 7500 additional card bonuses, as well as normal points and even elite credits for spending.  I've already been through two billing cycles.

Just curious for others, how long did it take to get the elite nights after initial account signup and did the elite nights come with at a random date or with a billing cycle end like the other credits/nights?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: How long for 15 elite night  credits?
    droma Platinum

You won't receive the 15 elite credits until your first anniversary (1 year from sign up).  After that they will be credited annually.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

ppezzano Platinum

The terms say on account activation and at anniversary.

• 15 credits toward your next Elite membership level after account approval and every year after account anniversary*

AUTOMATIC ELITE STATUS: Please allow 6 to 8 weeks from account open date and account anniversary date every year for the 15 nights to be credited to your Marriott Rewards® account. To qualify for the anniversary 15 nights Elite status credit, your account must be open and not in default on your account anniversary date and you must be a member in good standing with the Marriott Rewards program. Only one Marriott Rewards Credit Card account per Rewards member (Rewards member must be the primary cardmember on that account) is eligible for the 15 Nights Elite credit award. Chase is not responsible for offer fulfillment or the provision of or failure to provide the stated benefits and services.

bejacob Platinum 38 Reviews

6-8 weeks. Sounds like you're just about to that point. My guess is that they'll show up any day now.

peymanagement Platinum

I signed up May 1, 2012 and they were credited on June 20, 2012. I think my deal required me to spend 3000 dollars before I got them but I may be mixing up with something else, but I definitely got them shortly after my card was activated,

muppetwrangler Platinum 8 Reviews

My 15 elite night credits took about 6 weeks to post to my account after I opened the credit card account. I did not have to wait until my first anniversary.

AndrewT Community Manager Marriott Associate Member

Hi there,

Looks like your just about at the end of that 6-8 month window. I've just sent you a direct message in regards to your inquiry and I'll be happy to assist you from there.

Thank you

ppezzano Platinum

Thanks AndrewT.  I replied.  I also contacted customer service.  Thanks everyone for the insight, I'll let everyone know once it gets resolved.

I don't think that's right. I seem to recall getting the 15 elite night credits the year I signed up. I don't recall how long it took, but I did not have to wait a full year.

tdogz Silver

I applied for my card on 4/8/16, activated my card on 4/18/16, and my nights were on my Marriott account before the end of April. If it is already at 2 months, I would contact customer service.

ppezzano Platinum

Thanks everyone, looks like my calls and/or AndrewT's assistance solved it.  Nights posted.

landscapelover Platinum 1 Reviews

I applied for my card last week on Tuesday and my 15 nights credit was posted within three days! I think that is super fast I haven't even received my credit card yet!

debbyanyc Platinum

II've been waiting since 1 April for my annual 15 nights. I got my certificate for my anniversary night without problem but no nights. it's been 10 weeks.  Who do I contact to work this out?

elaynef Gold

I applied on 06/19, received my card on 06/27 and my 15 nights were credited to my account today.

rkj123 Silver

Can anyone advise me the best way to get the 15 night credits for getting the credit card? My credit card has been already approved 1 week ago. I have 35 nights already and travelling next two weeks where I stay in Autograph Collection. It will help to have the gold status before the travel to get access to lounge? What is best way to get the 15 night credits. Thanks in advance.

YogiB Platinum

Use your card for any purchase and then pay your credit card bill before it's actually there. As soon as your month ends, the account activity will speed things up.

brightlybob Platinum 10 Reviews

AAlthough not concerning your credit card, I would add that very few Autographs have lounges, so if I were you I'd recheck that...

Rafaelmagura Gold

I am having the same issue i wonder how to fix it

For this, you'll have to call Chase. They are the ones who will tell Marriott to credit you the 15 nights.

nationwide Platinum

Rafaelmagura from my own experience, and that of a referred friend who applied last month, we both received our first 15 elite night credits before we even received our first billing statement.  You are correct, something is wrong here.  I see from the other thread that carat is lending you a hand.  You should be in great hands there, but please do come back and let us know what happens on this thread.  I am still referring others to the card, and don't want to set incorrect expectations if something is amiss.  Many thanks! 

Message was edited by: nationwide

tyu Silver

I have the Marriott Rewards Visa over three years and I have got all the bonus points and free certificate each year. But there is no 15 elite night credits in my account. I wonder how I can fix it?

• Bonus nights  8
          • Promotional: 3
          • Rewards Credit Card: 0
          • Rewarding Events: 0
          • 2015 rollover: 5

nationwide Platinum

tyu when is your anniversary date?  Have you passed it already this year?  If so, you absolutely should call and ask, as you should get the 15 nights credit each year on your anniversary date.  I got mine on the anniversary date this year.  (Just this week). Do you have the Premier card, or the traditional signature card?  Not that it makes a difference, you appear to have gotten no elite nights credit...  I would call Chase, or talk via DM to carat or one of the other community moderators to get it straightened out.

carat Community Manager Marriott Associate Silver

Thanks for the shout out and the great advice nationwide!  I'd like to help provide clarity tyu and have reached out via direct message for additional details. 

AZDesertRat Platinum

ppezzano - I appreciate your post, as it caused me to review my MR account and learn that I have not received the 15 elite night credits, although my new Marriott Rewards Signature Business Card was received in June.  [After a brief initial delay, I did receive the 80,000 points and have received points and night credits since].

I called Chase.  The first person was clueless and of no help.  I called again.  The second person tracked it all the way to the credit card offer I had received, and we read it together.  She had to agree that I was entitled to have received the 15 credits.  However, she pounced on the sentence that states:  "Chase is not responsible for offer fulfillment or the provision of or failure to provide the stated benefits and services."  I was told to call Marriott to get my 15 credits.  Since MR points earned from use of the credit card are dependent upon Chase communicating card approval and usage to MR, the quoted language seems absurd to me.  Still chasing my 15 credits........

Jsucool76 Gold

Do you carry the personal marriott premier card?

And yeah, the language you describe exists in the agreement for nearly every cobranded credit card out there. It's the bank's "get out of jail free" card for when things don't work as described.

AZDesertRat Platinum

I don't have a card designated "premier."  Have had a personal "Marriott Rewards Signature VISA" card for many years and added the "Marriott Rewards Signature Business VISA" card earlier this year.  Using and receiving points/credits from both.

I'm not pleased with the ping-pong approach to getting the elite night credits posted, as I think Chase and Marriott Rewards should work smoothly together in delivering on their promotional offerings.  But as one who has counseled and worked to solve problems for large financial institutions for decades, I'm not surprised.

ppezzano Platinum

Yeah Chase was difficult to get much info from.  I'd hit one of the Marriott reps here.  They took care of it in no time.

AZDesertRat Platinum

Yes.  One brief phone call to the Marriott Rewards Custormer Service # (800) 321-7396 and my 15 nights were posted on the following business day.

carat Community Manager Marriott Associate Silver

Hi Insiders!! Didn't want to leave you all in the dark.  When it comes to receiving your Elite Credits, they will post to your account on or around your anniversary date.  If you are unsure of what that date is, you can always call the Rewards line at 800.721.7033 or reach out to one of us Community Managers, we'd be happy to help! 

kathynfmom Gold 3 Reviews

wow thats awesorm 80,000.I have had it for over 3 years and it was only 30,000 when we had sign up Much better deal now

aberwarn Silver

I just want to clarify, the 15 elite night credits happens every year? Not just the first year one opens the card?

(We're on the cusp of opening a Marriott VISA, so gathering information.)

Follow-up question - suppose we open a card on 12/1/2016 and the credits are posted within a couple weeks (say, 12/15/2016). Do they "expire" (meaning, the upgrade to silver elite status, on 12/31/20216 (i.e. every calendar year) - or - 12/15/2017 (our anniversary)?  Hope this makes sense......

Thanks!

nationwide Platinum

aberwarn - yes you get the credits every year on your anniversary.  And, as to your second question, you will become Silver Elite as soon as you qualify (this year), and it will also qualify you for Silver Elite status for all of next year.  You always get the remainder of the current year, and all of the year following.  Hope this helps!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...