9 Replies Latest reply: May 19, 2016 4:59 PM by iahflyr RSS

Baton Rouge Renaissance Hotel

razorbackfan Alumni Steward Platinum 23 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

wallpaper.png

I recently had a review of the Baton Rouge Renaissance posted, but I wanted to point out a couple of my favorite features found at this classy hotel brimming with southern hospitality.

The Baton Rouge Renaissance has a lot of interesting features, but one of my favorites is the Cajun dictionary wallpaper found behind the toilet.  A small section is pictured above.  If you travel to south Louisiana, you will hear these words on a daily basis.  The rest of the bathroom is papered in a faux white alligator paper that is very attractive. (It makes me think of the white alligator babies found in a nest when I lived in New Orleans in the 1980's).  The bathroom is large with a walk-in shower and a vanity that is well-lighted.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Baton Rouge, Louisiana, USA Renaissance Hotels Renaissance Baton Rouge Hotel
  • Re: Baton Rouge Renaissance Hotel

Another of my favorite features is found in the foyer near the elevators.

foyer.jpg

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

Only in LSU land would you find something like that behind a toilet!  

We were in town for the Arkansas vs. LSU baseball series, but we won't talk about that. At least the hotel was not decorated in purple/gold.  Did you hear about the possum rally?

I

seatexan Platinum

My body won't let me go into purple and gold places.  It's the craziest thing really.  My feet just go the other way, with a mind of their own!

Home football game for you all this year! Woooooooooo!

We play Alabama, Ole Miss, Florida, and LSU at home in 2016. We used to play LSU on the Friday after Thanksgiving.  Now, they don't like the rivalry, so we play them on a Saturday during the season.

bejacob Platinum 38 Reviews

I stayed at this property a little over a year ago and loved it. I remember the cajun dictionary.

I seem to recall enjoying the char-grilled oysters at the hotel bar.

Now char-grilled Oysters would get me to visit other than the purple and gold stuff!!!

bejacob Platinum 38 Reviews

No need to go to Baton Rouge for those. In fact, I think I had better ones in Gulfport, MS.

Not to worry, no plans on visiting BTR that I can think of.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...