5 Replies Latest reply: May 19, 2016 11:07 AM by jerryl RSS

Problem Using Free Night Certificate & Points

bushybushy Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

I want to book 2 nights in a category 5 hotel using points for one night and my free night certificate for the second night.

I have tried twice to make a reservation on line, and both times it's deducting points for both nights and not giving me the option to select my free night certificate.

Because of this point deduction problem I tried booking via telephone to reservations and the same problem occurs.

Does anyone have any ideas how to get round this ?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Problem Using Free Night Certificate & Points
    tker Alumni Steward Platinum 1 Reviews

I would just book two consecutive reservations. One with cert and one with points. Call the hotel and they will link them. You won't have to check out. We've done it before with consecutive award and paid stays. Won't be a problem.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

bushybushy Platinum

Thank you very much tker for your quick response and resolution. It worked a treat, and I should have thought of trying your method.

ramoneur Platinum

exactly;

done this myself for a stay in Leipzig;

works

carat Community Manager Marriott Associate Silver

Great suggestion tker, thanks for sharing!  bushybushy, sounds like you were able to sort this out, however if you have any questions, feel free to reach out to myself or any of the other community managers, AndrewT, lindseyh, deannad.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...