3 Replies Latest reply: May 20, 2016 9:32 PM by bejacob RSS

Rollover Nights

sweetcheeks Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Can someone please explain how rollover nights are calculated (and awarded)?  I read it as anything you have over the current status level at the end of the year, rolls over into the next year (e.g., if, at the end of the year you have 55 nights, you are Gold and 5 nights rollover into the new year.

We made platinum in the middle of 2015, and by the end of the year we were a few nights over 75.  (I don't know exactly how many, as I cannot find a history of our status.)  We started 2016 at zero nights.  TIA!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Rollover Nights
    bejacob Platinum 38 Reviews

You're partly right. Anything over what you need to reach a specific level (i.e. more than 75 nights needed for Platinum) will rollover, but you can't count any rollover nights from the previous year a second time.

Maybe this post will help How to Calculate Rollover Nights

If you began 2015 with any rollover nights, that could explain why you didn't have any to start 2016.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

sweetcheeks Platinum

Thank you, bejacob!   The post you provided a link to really helped.  I understand now.  If only this infor were posted somewhere on the MR website, or if it is, make it easier to find.

One more question:  Is there a way to see/access my Nights history?  I couldn't find a way to do that, either.

bejacob Platinum 38 Reviews

You can really only look at your nights for the current year. It is possible to request up to 2 years worth of account history from customer service, though this is more about points earned rather than elite nights credit.

To look at your current year info, all you need to do is click on the night link on the account overview

account.PNG

That will bring up both your current year and lifetime totals (like this)

lifetime.PNG

I'm sure it's possible to get the  details from past years, but it may not be easy. This will at least show you where you are currently.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...