3 Replies Latest reply: May 23, 2016 8:54 AM by fschumpert RSS

Best MVC Resorts in US??

hibbarme Gold
Currently Being Moderated

My husband and I stayed at the Maui Ocean Club last year on MR points and attended a sales presentation for the Destination program. We ultimately chose not to buy at that time but instead purchased the Encore package, at which time we promptly booked at the Aruba Ocean Club for this coming September. Now that Zika is such a large concern and we are at the age where we'll be starting a family soon, I'm considering trying to switch to a different MVC resort, outside of the Caribbean or Florida. MVC owners - Any suggestions or favorites? It will just be my husband and I traveling. I want to go to a resort that he will fall in love with (and ultimately, hopefully agree to buy into the program:))

Thanks in advance for any advice/help!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Maui, Hawaii, USA
  • Re: Best MVC Resorts in US??
    fschumpert Platinum 22 Reviews

Here are our favorites, and evidently the same for many on East Coast, as they enjoy high occupancy:

Hilton Head, SC, in Sea Pines Plantation - Harbour Club (There are six other MVC properties on Hilton Head to choose from.)

Hilton Head - 2014 010.jpg

Ocean Watch Villas - North Myrtle Beach, S.C.

IMG_0387.JPG

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

hibbarme Gold

Thank you so much for the advice! We just got back from a week with my parents at Barony Beach Club on Hilton Head and I love it there. Have stayed there, Monarch, and Grande Ocean in years past but never Harbour Club. Would definitely like to check out.

The resort in Myrtle Beach...is it nearby a lot of attractions? I'm guessing it's closer to North Myrtle area than South, which can be a little rougher?

Again, thank you! Really appreciate the advice.

fschumpert Platinum 22 Reviews

Thanks. Regarding Hilton Head MVC properties, there are a number to choose from, with the Grand Ocean, the "signature site", on the beach. Monarch and Surf Watch are also located on the beach, with Surf Watch the only one, I believe, offering both 2 and 3 BR's. Both Surf Watch and Grand Ocean are two of the more difficult to get reservations, especially during peak (summer months) season.

We like the Harbour Club, which is located in Sea Pines Plantation, and while it has only 2BR villas, the total square feet is higher than most other villas. There are a number of fine restaurants within walking distance of Harbour Club, the best, in our opinion, CQ's, adjacent to the villa:

Hilton Head - 2014 040.jpg

Harbour Club also provides a shuttle to the nearby beach (where Monarch is located), if you don't want to drive.

Harbour Club also provides one hour of free tennis club/court access each day, which is one block from the villa.

Regarding the Ocean Watch Villas at Myrtle Beach, they are located on the same property with the Marriott Hotel.

Family Vacation - 12 005.jpg

There are five high-rise (approximately 7 stories high) villa buildings, such as the two shown here, with two of these ocean front, and all of the villas have private swimming pools, as shown. While staying in the villas you also have access to all the hotel amenities as well.

Ocean Watch is some 10 miles north of the popular (more touristy) Myrtle Beach area, with multiple hotels, boardwalk, pavilion, golf courses, airport, and a whole lot of people. Some five miles north of the Ocean Watch is the town of North Myrtle Beach, where there are a number of restaurants and huge outlet mall.  Therefore, Ocean Watch is more private, with multiple programs for children as well.

Hope this is helpful.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...