4 Replies Latest reply: Jun 16, 2016 8:01 AM by nationwide RSS

Platinum Status and United Silver Status

dgusman Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

I recently earned Platinum status for the first time (94 nights since Jan 1), and am already Silver on United and a member of the Hertz Number 1 Gold programs.  Is there anything I need to do to link these accounts to my Marriott account so that they will automatically renew for next year, as I may not fly enough this year to earn Silver again?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Platinum Status and United Silver Status
    iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

Hey congrats on reaching Platinum.  Here is the link for Rewards Plus, take a look and you should be able to register for the Rewards Plus.

RewardsPlus │ Marriott Rewards │ United MileagePlus

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

jbritt51 Platinum 1 Reviews

This has been a great benefit.  I do not fly United that often, but the status helps to eliminate the baggage fees I would have to pay without it.

nicholasric Platinum

Don't forget that you are also upgraded to a Hertz Five Star memeber too. You will have to link your accounts on the Rewards Plus page.

nationwide Platinum

I am in the same boat with regard to earned status (Plat Marriott and Silver United)....I did have one year that I wasn't Silver on United, and will agree the Premier Access line, and paid bag fees were sorely missed.  It does seem now that United has soooo many people with credit card status that Zone 2 boarding is about the best I can do.     Yes, these are first world problems, and I am whining....  Thanks IAHFLYR for sharing the link.- I don't want to be without any status again.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...