19 Replies Latest reply: Sep 22, 2016 12:33 PM by phctourist RSS

Your Insider Hosts in Houston (16-17 September 2016)

bejacob Platinum 38 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

insiders.jpg

brightlybob and bejacob. Our hometown (honorary) host IAHFLYR will also be there, but if you want to know who is to blame responsible for putting this event together, look no further that these two clowns handsome fellows.

Come one, come all.

Just another reminder that if you booked your trip to the JW Houston - Galleria Downtown for September 16 and/or 17, you only have 4 months to back out wait. If you haven't made plans to join us, it's time to get cracking. Somewhere around 20 of us will be there (brightlybob is keeping an unofficial list). Check out a few of the previous posts on the topic.

Who's attending TIPPLE in Houston on 16th & 17th Sept 2016? Here's the list

Re: Another Reason for Insiders to be in Houston in mid-September 2016

Re: Insiders Gathering - Just the Facts

See you there.

Message was edited by: bejacob to change hotel location

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Houston, Texas, USA JW Marriott JW Marriott Houston Downtown
  • Re: Your Insider Hosts in Houston (16-17 September 2016)
    iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

Ah what a couple of studs these two are huh?  It will be a festival of laughs, great stories, meeting wonderful friends new and old, some possible drinking and of course a few lies told here and there on any number of topics!!!

The list of Tipple attendees is a good one, so for those who have yet to commit get off your rear, enhance the list by adding your name to it.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

brightlybob Platinum 10 Reviews

Wow, TIPPLE, I'd forgotten about that.

Let me go thru the FAQs

When is it again?

16 & 17 September

And where?

JW Houston Galleria (not the downtown JW)

NOW CHANGED TO JW HOUSTON DOWNTOWN, see Re: ANNOUNCEMENT - Hotel Change for Sept 16-17, 2016 Insider Gathering (TIPPLE)

Who's the handsome English looking chap?

Why, that's me - thank-you for your great taste

And who's responsible for organising it all?

Oh, that'll be bejacob

SORTED

Platinum

Can't make it, but would love to see pic or mistrchk with his shoehorn if he makes it.

I regret dansplan  I've had to remove misterchks name from the TIPPLE attendee list, but we on the organising committee, now reduced to just 3, felt that we had to mark the event.

IAHFLYR played the last post on his mouth-organ, a little spittley, and sounded suspiciously like Yankee Doodle Dandy (it turned out it was Yankee Doodle Dandy as it's the only tune he can play). I wore black, well, not quite but there's a small spot of black on my Hawaiian shirt after changing a flat tyre (tire) at the roadside.

bejacob read the So-liquor:

Stop all the clocks, cut off the telephone,
    Prevent Wes's dog from barking with a juicy bone,
    Silence the pianos and in muffled tone
    Lay down your pitchfork, for he is not to come.

Let TIPPLE attendees quaff down their beer
    Scribble in the Exec lounge the message "he is not here"

Return that hatchet to Home Depot

You'll have no need for that you know

That cartoonish club with the nail at the end

Will never across his dunderhead bend

That silver knuckle duster is no longer required

Nor is that dressed-in-black hit-man you hired

Extinguish those torches, pay off that mob

For misterchk is bringing neither himself... Nor his dog

We concluded the ceremony with the traditional "two finger" salute. Respectful, he would have liked that...

We are now down to 21.

ALthough in better news, the Houston Riot Police are standing down, but with rabble-rousing erc still on the list, SWAT is not.

How do you say AWESOME across the Atlantic brightlybob?  Is it still AWESOME?  That was a fine piece of literature and yes, with erc it's above SWAT as with all dignitaries they have many agencies watching very close.

kdg0764 Member

New-by here... what is TIPPLE?

frente89 Gold

Oh man! I am staying at the Marriott Galleria 2 weeks later  Have fun!

This is a historic thread frente89  and TIPPLE has since been moved to the JW Downtown, although I'm at the JW Galleria on Wednesday 14th Sept for a night. It looks like a great place to burn those cat1-5 certs!

phctourist Platinum 20 Reviews

Sorry that I won't be there to join you all, but this is not my year to make this journey and Houston in September is not my idea of an acceptable climate.  Enjoy!!!

Hey now phctourist, the climate will be perfectly wonderful.  If you wanted to go outside with all the rain in the last three days there won't be any of the famous humidity left and besides, the JW has the temps set around 68-70!!!

phctourist Platinum 20 Reviews

IAHFLYR I'm still mostly grounded, as I await the results of my latest scan.  This cancer thing is a drag as I take 1 step back for every 2 steps forward.  The thing shrinks, but refuses to disappear.  Sadly, not TIPPLE for me!