3 Replies Latest reply: Feb 3, 2010 11:43 AM by linemountain RSS

Courtyard by Marriott Ocean City

linemountain Silver
Currently Being Moderated

I am a longtime Marriott silver elite member with over 120k points. I stayed at the Ocean City, MD property the first week it was open in August 2009 and paid around $180 a night. The location is nice and the decor and property was brand new. I reserved several rooms for summer 2010 at the “long term stay rate” which was 7 nights.

Six months later in December 2009 I was charged a one night deposit for one of the reservations. I had to call silver elite customer service who indicated I should not have had my card charged for that reservation or any of my other reservations. After two phone calls to Marriott I received a response from the OC MD hotel manager indicating they were charging one night deposits for summer 2010 but he was refunding my card. He acted like he was doing me a favor by dropping the requirement even though it was clearly NOT in my rate rules and I had never been charged a one night deposit before in seven years of Marriott lodging. Of course I then get my card charged for my other reservations and had to have these fixed too.

A few weeks later in December 2009 (before Christmas) Marriott contacts me saying there was a problem with my reservations for summer 2010 and they were researching the issue. Uhhh ok.

I am then contacted by another Marriott employee soon after that and they tell me there was a “human error” with the rates of my reservations (why is that my problem?) and the Marriott employee changed my rates on my reservations to $300-400 per night. If I didn’t like the new rate which was now tripled I could cancel the reservations) and they would then give me a lousy $100 Marriott cheque (I had to cancel all of them to be eligible). I was told this a very equitable solution (tripling the cost of my reservations after months of planning is equitable?).

Never mind that I am a silver elite member who had the reservations for almost six months and the rate was guaranteed. They went into the system sabotaging everyone of my confirmation #’. Bah humbug.

• Re: Courtyard by Marriott Ocean City
    taxman415 Platinum

I had something similar like this happen to me several years... Now pdf a copy of every reservation that I make now... So hard for them not to honor something when you have a printed hard copy... This has saved me a few bucks over the years...

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

tjcnewyork Platinum

I stayed at the Courtyard Ocean City Boardwalk a few weeks after the opening for the Labor Day weekend. The biggest surprise was the Captain's Table.

Regrets to hear what you experienced.  In addition to taxman's suggestion with PDF files, consider signing up for e-mail reservation confirmation to create an e-trail.   The e-mail contains the Rate Rules and cancellation details.  

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

linemountain Silver

It would not have mattered if I had a harcdopy reservation or not. I had valid reservations and they said we dont care we are changing the price.  They went into the reservation system and increased the price from under $100 to like $400 per night for every reservation.  It was changing no matter what I said or did.  Even if I was rich enough to keep one of my reservations for the week they said I had to cancel every week I reserved to get a lousy hundred dollar voucher.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...